Cinema & Digital Arts
Training the next generation of artists
TMU’s Cinema and Digital Arts (CDA) program equips students with the tools needed to compete in the evolving world of mass media. Our program is unique in that it teams students with industry professionals, giving them the opportunity to create productions on par with the entertainment industry. We are also distinct in our philosophy, training the next generation of artists to recognize God as the ultimate creative force and to reflect this knowledge in what (and how) they create.
Our course offerings provide a conceptual framework for CDA alongside practical experience in the field. The program has created award-winning film productions that have received industry notoriety and been distributed on platforms like UPtv. Our location in Southern California allows us access to industry professionals in various arenas of media, securing noted guest speakers and prime internships. As a result of all this, our students graduate with knowledge of both the theoretical and practical aspects of the field, and they are credited on quality productions that can be used on resumes and production reels.
• Location within 30 miles of most major studios in Los Angeles
• $100,000 worth of equipment donated by Black Magic Design, including industry-level 4k cameras, sound and light equipment, a podcast studio, and more
• Student news site and printed newspaper (“The Mane”) curated by students
• Diverse student projects such as graphic novels, short films, and feature-length productions, which can later be used in their professional portfolios
Questions about a potential career? Visit our Student Career Center.
Next Steps: Applying
Since 1927, the mission of The Master’s University is to empower students for a life of enduring commitment to Christ, biblical fidelity, moral integrity, intellectual growth, and lasting contribution to the Kingdom of God worldwide.
- Required statement of faith and pastoral recommendation
- 3.6 GPA average for new applications
NewsSee All Articles
Ep. 5: Prof. Matt Green Provides a Christian Perspective on FilmmakingRead More
The Man From NowhereRead More
Why Master's? Cinema & Digital ArtsRead More
Need Help With a Major?
The office of undergraduate admissions is here to help you with classes, financial aid, transfers, housing, and moreContact a Counselor