Can I ship my student's belongings ahead of time?


  • We recommend using UPS for your larger packages.
  • Please keep packages under 50 pounds for ease in carrying them to the dorms.
  • Packages should be corrugated with cushioning around items except for clothing and books.
  • Packages should be firmly packed and sealed with packing tape. Do not use rope, twine, masking tape, or duct tape.
  • The Master’s University cannot assume responsibility for items stolen or damaged during shipment. Therefore, make sure all packages are insured.
  • Refer to the UPS website for more packaging guidelines.
  • If packages are not prepared correctly, UPS will not honor any claims against damage.
  • A packing slip will be placed in your student’s mailbox when a package arrives.
  • Their packages may be picked up in the Campus Mail Center as soon as they arrive. However they may want to wait until they have checked in and have their room key, so they won’t have to carry them around.
What is my student's mailing address?

All incoming mail and packages for students at The Master’s University should be addressed:





SANTA CLARITA, CA 91321-1200

What is TMU's Holiday Schedule?

The university is closed on the following holidays: Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Martin Luther King Day, Good Friday, Easter, Memorial Day, and Independence Day. Check the online Academic Calendar before scheduling any holiday travel during the school year. It is important that your student plan carefully, so they do not miss any classes or exams.


If they have any questions about this, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 661.362.2813.


Please note that the spring semester begins with the first session of the Truth and Life Conference.

Can my student stay in the dorms during Fall/Thanksgiving/Christmas/Spring break?

The dorms will be closed for the Christmas break from the Friday of Finals Week until the first day of the Truth and Life Conference. No students will be allowed to stay in the dorms during this time. The dorms will remain open during the Fall, Thanksgiving, and Spring breaks. However, the students should be aware that the Caf will be closed during these times.

Do Students have to completely move out of my dorm during Fall/Thanksgiving/Christmas/Spring break?

No, they will only have to completely move out of their room during May check-outs.

Can my student store boxes or other items on campus during the summer months?

No, we do not offer any storage facilities on-campus, including refrigerators and bikes.

What laundry facilities are available?

Each dorm has coin-operated and credit card-equipped machines. A washing machine load will cost $1.50, and a dryer load will cost $1.25.

What internet or e-mail service is available on campus?

IT Operations strives to provide students with the computer technology they need to succeed in their studies at The Master’s University. All students have a responsibility to use the University’s computer resources and the Internet in a professional, lawful, and ethical manner.

Students at The Master’s University have access to the following resources:

  • Internet
  • Office 365
  • Printers

The Master’s University students can access these resources from their personally owned devices via the WiFi infrastructure or through various computer labs on the campus. With access to these resources comes the responsibility to use them wisely. The University network is a resource shared by students, faculty, and staff. Students should not use network resources disruptively (e.g., forwarding junk email, sending spam, etc.).

Is there a Dress Code?



Students at The Master’s University are expected to adhere to a dress code based on biblical standards of modesty. Please see the Student Handbook for the most up-to-date policies so you can prepare and adjust your wardrobe appropriately.

What is FERPA?

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that affords parents the right to have access to their children’s education records until they are 18 years old or attend a postsecondary institution. Rights given include the right to inspect and review their education records, the right to request to amend their education records, and the right to limit disclosure of personally identifiable information (known as directory information). When a student turns 18 years old, or enters a postsecondary institution at any age, the rights under FERPA transfer from the parents to the student. What you used to take care of is now their responsibility. Hence all our communications are addressed to your student. They alone can designate who can have access to their education records. During pre-registration for classes, students have the opportunity to release directory information and grant parents access to financial information. A release for specific academic information must be requested through the Registrar’s Office.

What does this mean for parents? Will I receive a copy of my student's grades?



Due to a federal privacy regulation called FERPA, students and only students are given their grade reports. Students are encouraged to share their grades with their parents, but TMU cannot release that information to anyone other than the student. Grade reports will be available to students on their Canvas portal at the end of each academic term. Students may access their grades online or request a printed paper report at the end of the term from the Registrar’s Office.

Who should I contact in case of crisis situation, i.e. earthquake, fire, flood?

For Parents:

The Campus Safety Department works closely with the Los Angeles County Fire and Sheriff’s Department, which has stations near the University. The Campus Safety Department plays one part in a larger Emergency Management Plan, which the college incorporates to facilitate effective coordination of resources in any emergency. In a life-threatening emergency, cellular text messages to registered users will be distributed to communicate important instructions on how Faculty, Staff, and Students should respond. For more information, please see Campus Safety and Security.


For Your Students:

 In the event of a fire drill or earthquake, follow the procedure posted in the residence hall and the instructions given by the Resident Director. Do not return to buildings until instructed to do so.

Fire-protection equipment is for the protection of life and property. To use fire-fighting equipment or alarms for any other purpose is not only unlawful, but it also endangers the lives of others in the community. Discharging such equipment is a serious offense. The student responsible will be charged for replacing the fire extinguisher and any property damage incurred.



Are there health services available on campus?

The mission of The Master’s University Health Center is to empower students to think Biblically when caring for their physical health. The Health Center is located on campus in Vider Administrative Services, next to HR, and is open Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm (excluding holidays). For after-hour care, please contact the 24-hour nurse hotline at 1-(800) 634-7629.


The Health Center is not a first responder and is not designed to provide medical treatment beyond basic first aid. Students may come to the Health Center to obtain over-the-counter medications for temporary symptom relief.



What health forms need to be completed prior to coming to campus on move-in day?

In order to fulfill our responsibilities, the Student Health Center must receive the New Student Health Record and a copy of Immunizations from the student 30 days before the first day of school.

  • August 1: Fall Semester
  • December 31: Spring Semester


What Career Development help is available to my student?


The mission of The Master’s University Student Career Center is to assist students and alumni for a career that will have a life of enduring commitment to Christ, biblical fidelity, moral integrity, intellectual growth, and lasting contribution to the Kingdom of God worldwide.

Resources include:

  • Student Employment Programs
  • Student Career Center Events
  • Career Planning
  • Your 4-Year “Value-Added” Checklist
  • Employer & Community Partnerships
  • Career Advising & Professional Development
  • Building A Proper Career Mindset
  • Career Exploration



Does TMU have Disciplinary Policy?



The purpose of the disciplinary system of The Master’s University is to promote personal godliness and to maintain an atmosphere conducive to maximum academic and spiritual growth. We ask that all students adhere to all school policies based on their own integrity. Because each student has agreed to follow biblical mandates and University policies, violations of either category will be considered a serious issue. The process for confronting sin prescribed in Matthew 18 will be followed in each case (see the distinctive of Sanctifying Relationships above). If a student is found unrepentant after repeated and/ or severe violations of biblical mandates or University policies, he or she will meet with the Deans. The Deans will determine at that point what disciplinary action will be taken based on the unique needs of the student and the situation. The Deans, consistent with these commitments, maintain regular hours to meet with students, and students are encouraged to take advantage of that opportunity. Likewise, the Resident Directors and faculty and staff are ready to help.


Master’s encourages students to use biblical discernment to conduct themselves in a way that reflects biblical mandates and University policies. The University administration reserves the right to take disciplinary action in response to behavior off campus that violates these guidelines. The University also reserves the right to take disciplinary actions for violations of biblical mandates and University policies for graduates awaiting degrees and students who withdraw from school while a disciplinary matter is pending. Confidentiality is respected. The University administration strongly prefers not to disclose personal information to others, and they will make every effort to help find ways to address problems as privately as possible while acquiring relevant information regarding the issue.


Therefore, the University administration will not release information about a particular student except in the few situations required by the Bible or the laws of our state.


What churches are near the campus?
  • Grace Community Church (Sun Valley, CA)
  • Faith Community Church (Newhall, CA)
  • Placerita Bible Church (Newhall, CA)
  • Faith Bible Church (Spokane, WA)
  • Crossroads Community Church (Valencia, CA)
  • Grace Baptist Church (Santa Clarita, CA)