The Pre-Med emphasis is designed for students seeking to attend medical school or receive further training for other health professions. We equip our students to score well on the MCAT and to excel in medical school. Our faculty have taught in medical schools and completed post-doctoral fellowships, so they know firsthand how to teach the courses that medical schools require, giving students the framework to achieve a high GPA (the first screening criteria that medical schools look at).
Because of the strong preparation they receive here, our graduates have a strong medical school acceptance rate. But even more importantly, our graduates are trained to be exemplary witnesses to Christ in their future endeavors through their intellectual rigor, real-world career preparation, and uncompromising biblical worldview.
- • 95% medical school acceptance rate, including Loma Linda Medical School, Liberty Medical School, and Western University of Health Sciences
- • Options to study abroad in Israel, Italy, and 10+ GO! locations
- • Receive mentorship and guidance from top faculty advisors including for MCAT test prep
- • Complete 20+ Bible units or a Bible minor
- • Eligible for all undergraduate scholarships and aid
- • Ranked top 10 Christian Universities and top 15% Colleges with the Best Academics in California (Niche 2019)
In our research program, students work one-on-one with professors and publish their work. Students also engage with TMU alumni who are working as physicians. These connections provide inspiration and a clear understanding of the path ahead. TMU offers medically-oriented Global Outreach (GO!) missions trips to places like Togo, Africa, and the Philippines. However, many of the best opportunities are close by: Southern California boasts many highly rated hospitals where our students complete internships.
Questions about a potential career? Visit our Student Career Center.
We hold Christ and Scripture as inerrant and above all else. Everything is interpreted through that lens without compromise. This means the bible is the foundation for science, not science for the bible.Dr. Joe Francis, Dean of the School of Science
Next Steps: Applying
Since 1927, the mission of The Master’s University is to empower students for a life of enduring commitment to Christ, biblical fidelity, moral integrity, intellectual growth, and lasting contribution to the Kingdom of God worldwide.
- Required statement of faith and pastoral recommendation
- 3.6 GPA average for new applications
Alumni StoriesSee All Stories
NewsSee All Articles
Why Science at TMU?Read More
TMU Students Present Research at Nationally Recognized Science ConferenceRead More
Need Help With a Major?
The office of undergraduate admissions is here to help you with classes, financial aid, transfers, housing, and moreContact a Counselor