The B.S. in Geoscience degree is designed for students seeking an accredited, 4-year, on-campus degree that will prepare them for careers in geological sciences. Study trips to geological sites are a significant part of this program, where students have the opportunity to study God’s creation in breathtaking locations like Death Valley and the Grand Canyon.
- • Career prospects in Southern California for Environmental Science, Geology and similar fields are diverse and in-demand
- • Small class sizes promote close student-teacher relationships and valuable individual attention
- • Research Opportunities: Students have the freedom to conduct, structure, and present research with faculty support
- • Faculty all have a shared commitment to the doctrinal statement, including interpreting science through faith, teaching a literal six-day creation, and a historical space-time fall
B.S. in Geoscience degrees are accredited 4-year undergraduate degree programs offered on-campus in Santa Clarita. Students are required to complete 49 Geoscience Core units, 19 Geology Emphasis units, 33 General Education (GE) units, and 21 Bible units. A minimum total of 122 units are required to graduate. Some GE and Bible units may be taken through TMU Online. Students may also compile required classes in the TMU IBEX Israel Semester or in the TMU Italy Summer program.
Sample CoursesView Sample 4-Year Plan
Survey the characteristics, occurrences, and origins of igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary rocks. The laboratory work consists of identification and recognition of rocks in hand specimen and thin section.
Instruction on the mechanics of rock deformation and analysis of geologic structures, including faults and folds. Includes required field trip
Sedimentology and Stratigraphy
Study the principles of sedimentary rock deposition and structure as well as the principles of stratigraphy and rock correlation. Includes required field trip.
We hold Christ and Scripture as inerrant and above all else. Everything is interpreted through that lens without compromise. This means the Bible is the foundation for science, not science for the Bible.Dr. Joe Francis, Dean of the School of Science, Mathematics, Technology & Health
Next Steps: Applying
Since 1927, the mission of The Master’s University is to empower students for a life of enduring commitment to Christ, biblical fidelity, moral integrity, intellectual growth, and lasting contribution to the Kingdom of God worldwide.
- Required statement of faith and pastoral recommendation
- 3.6 GPA average for new applications
All faculty share in the commitment to empower students for a life of enduring commitment to Christ, biblical fidelity, moral integrity, intellectual growth, and lasting contribution to the Kingdom of God worldwide.