Military Students header-img

Military Students

Military Students

The Military Student Advancement Office exists to serve active duty service members, veterans, dependents, and ROTC students who are studying at The Master’s University. Our office is staffed by veterans who support our military students by promoting community, Christian fellowship, and by offering encouragement as they transition into student life. Furthermore, we seek to provide opportunities for involvement in all areas of the campus through special events and forums. Our staff is also available to assist students in answering any questions regarding their military educational benefits.


Veterans, as well as their family members utilizing veteran educational benefits, are encouraged to consider The Master’s University as their school of choice. The Master’s University was recently ranked No. 20 in Best Colleges for Veterans in the Regional Universities West.

The Master’s University is approved as a degree-granting institution for the attendance of veterans under Title 38 of the United States Code. This primarily includes the Montgomery GI Bill® and Post-9/11 GI Bill®, as well as provisions for transfer of entitlement of benefits to spouses or children. The Post 9/11 GI bill® applies towards tuition and fees, provides an annual book stipend, as well as a monthly housing allowance. In addition, TMU participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®. TMU will contribute up to $10,000 towards tuition per year resulting in 100% coverage of tuition costs.

See More About Veterans Benefits and Financial Aid

Veteran’s Benefits

Active Duty

Active Duty Service members seeking to take classes from TMU are able to utilize Tuition Assistance (TA) towards our online classes. Currently TMU accepts TA from the Navy, Air Force, and Army.

To contact the Military Student Advancement Office you may call 661-362-2293.

Veterans Affairs Resources

VA Education Benefits - Home Page

VA Form Finder

Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) - Home Page

California Department of Veterans Affairs

VA Health Care - Los Angeles

Post-9/11 GI Bill®** (Chapter 33)**

Chapter 33: Fact Sheet

Yellow Ribbon Program

GI Bill® Benefits Calculator

Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)

Chapter 31: Fact Sheet

To contact the Military Student Advancement Office you may call 661-362-2293, or send an e-mail to

Cross-Town Agreements

The Master’s University has developed relationships, or “Cross-Town Agreements” with other major state universities. These agreements are designed to give students the opportunity to join ROTC while studying full-time at The Master’s University. Below is a list of ROTC units that TMU has agreements with:

Air Force ROTC

AFROTC Detachment 040 (LMU)

AFROTC Detachment 055 (UCLA)

AFROTC Detachment 060 (USC)


AROTC Bruin Battalion (UCLA)

AROTC Bruin Battalion (CSUN - a branch of UCLA)

National ROTC Websites

Air Force ROTC


Specific Information about ROTC and Scholarships

To contact the Military Student Advancement Office you may call 661-362-2293, or send an e-mail to

Request Info