What Furnishings are Provided for Each Student?
- Bed with Mattress (extra-long twin)
- Wardrobe and Dresser
- Desk and Chair
- Hardwood or Carpeting (depending on the dorm)
- Vertical or Mini Blinds
- Communal Microwave on Each Wing
What Should I Bring?
- Bedding (extra-long twin sheets, pillows, and blankets), Towels and Washcloths
- Shower Caddy and Shoes
- Alarm Clock, Hangers and Wastebasket
- Utensils and a Few Dishes (depending on how much snacking you’ll be doing in your dorm)
- Laundry Baskets, Detergents and Rolls of Quarters for Laundry (the machines also take credit cards if you prefer)
- Plastic Crates or Storage Bins
Additional Items to Consider Bringing
- Small Non-Halogen Lamp
- Iron and Clothes Drying Rack
- Hanging Shoe Rack
- Decoration items (use sticky-tack)
- Automatic Shut-Off Hot Pot and/ or Coffee Maker (UL listed, no open coil)
- Secure Bicycle Lock (U-locks recommended)
- Refrigerator 3.6 cubic feet or smaller (only one is permitted per room, so you may want to check with your roommate or wait to buy one until you are here.)
What Should I Not Bring?
- Drapes, Curtains, or Other Window Treatments
- Pets Besides Goldfish or Tropical Fish (aquarium limited in size to less than 20 gallons with stand) with Roommates’ Approval
- Microwaves, Toasters, Hot Plates, Rice Cookers, Instant Pots, Slow Cookers, Etc.
- Upholstered Furniture (due to fire laws)
- Nails, Tacks, Adhesive Hooks, Picture Hangers or Screws
- Combustible Items (no lit candles or incense are allowed in residence halls)
- Posters or Decorations that encourage or support a violation of The Master’s University policies;
- Alcoholic Beverages
What Can I Do to Personalize My Room?
Adhesive putty and other temporary mounting products may be used for decorating as long as no damage results from use. Any damage to walls, doors, or room surfaces will result in a charge and must be repaired by facilities management. Students should not try to make repairs themselves.
What Laundry Facilities Are Available?
Each dorm has coin-operated and credit card-equipped machines. A washing machine load will cost $1.50, and a dryer load will cost $1.25.
What If I Forget Something?
Don’t worry! The campus is within three miles of Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond and Target.