Eligibility header-img


In order to be considered for enrollment to the Master of Arts in Biblical Counseling (MABC) program at The Master’s University (TMU), the following eligibility requirements must be met by the applicant. The administration and faculty of the University reserve the right to withdraw the privilege of enrollment or to place a student on probation if, after enrollment, the student proves to be lacking in these qualifications.

Admission Requirements

An individual must meet the following requirements to be admitted to TMU’s MABC degree program:

  • Spiritual Requirements
  1. Strong testimony of faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.

  2. Demonstration of submission to the will of God and obedience to the Word of God.

  3. Agreement with the TMU doctrinal statement and student standards of conduct, along with specific statements on homosexuality, gender identity, and the role of sign gifts (i.e. speaking in tongues, prophecy today, etc.).

  4. Deacon/deaconess qualified according to 1 Timothy 3:8-12 (the student is not required to be a deacon or deaconess at his or her local church, but meet the character qualities described in the passage).

  5. Possession of the personal and spiritual gifts necessary for counseling and discipleship.

  6. Recommendation by church leaders and other people who have had significant contact with the applicant.

  • Academic Requirements
  1. Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university (official transcript required).

  2. A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale for all undergraduate work (the student will be expected to maintain a 3.0 average in the MABC program).

  3. No formal Bible or Biblical Counseling training are necessary. For questions regarding transfer/advanced standing of classes, see our Admissions page under the Transfer / Advanced Standing Credits section.

Application Requirements

The following documents must be submitted in order to apply to The Master’s University:

  1. Application for Graduate Admission

  2. *Official transcripts from all schools from which degrees were conferred, indicating the completion of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university

  3. Three recommendations: Pastoral, educator, and personal (contained within the application)

  4. Writing sample of 10-15 pages evidencing graduate level writing and research (submitted in the application)

  5. Short-answer questions on theology and practical ministry (contained within the application)

  6. $50 application fee

  7. $250 deposit (paid upon admission into the program and applied to first class(es))

*Official transcripts refer to transcripts that are sent using a safe method of transference, such as a secure online portal or a sealed envelope through the mail. Most institutions can send transcripts using one of these two methods. If your transcripts are from institutions outside of the United States, you can check with our office to see if your institution has already received official approval of evaluation by our institution. If not, you will need to have them evaluated to make sure your institution complies with our regional accreditation. At this moment, we do not have anyone on staff at The Master’s University who is trained to evaluate international transcripts. You will need to have your transcripts evaluated through a third-party agency, such as World Education Services.

International Students

Click here to start your F-1 Visa, I-20, and other forms.

The Master’s University is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students. Students from abroad are welcome, provided they meet the admission requirements of the University. For applicants for whom English is a second language, a minimum score of 100 is required on the TOEFL exam in order to be considered for admission. While all classroom instruction is conducted in English, the administration, faculty and staff attempt to be sensitive to the needs of our international students. As foreign students’ legal needs are different from those of U.S. citizens, there are additional requirements. Foreign students are encouraged to contact the Office of International Student Advancement to obtain the appropriate information.

Request Info