The Speech Communication emphasis equips students to think, write, and speak with clarity and effectiveness. We stress communication skills at both the interpersonal and public levels while also helping students develop critical thinking skills and problem-solving strategies. This emphasis is especially good preparation for students seeking careers as speech teachers, managers, salespeople, public relations practitioners, lawyers, or customer service representatives.
Our students learn how to persuade effectively and ethically, using both verbal and nonverbal skills that allow them to connect with their audiences. As followers of Christ who have been called to make disciples, our students are equipped to speak authoritatively, confidently, and winsomely about the Master. And while they are here, our students are themselves discipled by faculty who are working professionals in a variety of creative and communicative fields, and who can equip them with both vocational wisdom and knowledge of how to integrate their faith into their future careers.
- • Location within 30 miles of most major studios in Los Angeles provides top internship and career opportunities
- • $100,000 worth of equipment donated by Black Magic Design, including industry-level 4k cameras, sound and light equipment, a podcast studio, and more
- • Student news site and printed newspaper, “The Mane”, curated by students
- • Diverse student projects such as graphic novels, short films, and feature-length productions, which will be used in their professional portfolios
- • Options to study abroad in Israel, Italy, and 10+ GO! locations
- • Complete 20+ Bible units or a Bible minor
- • Eligible for all undergraduate scholarships and aid
Next Steps: Applying
Need Help With a Major?
The office of undergraduate admissions is here to help you with classes, financial aid, transfers, housing, and moreContact a Counselor