International Admissions header-img

International Admissions

International Admissions Counselor

Zach Rodriguez

Zach Rodriguez


International Student Admissions

Below is the four-step process of admissions. Your admissions counselor, Zach Rodriguez, is your point of contact for all things TMU. We know that continuing your education in a different country is daunting, and we want you to feel as cared for and informed as possible. Application deadlines and other helpful links are at the bottom of this page for your convenience.

For international students affiliated with The Master’s Institute International (TMAI), Grace To You (GTY), The Master’s Seminary (TMS), or other affiliates, we offer a 50% tuition-only scholarship. See the details in the links below.

International Students Tuition Care F-1 Student Visa Services International Student Advancement Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Application Checklist


Complete Your Application

Online Application

Complete and submit an application online. It saves your progress if you need to continue later. Your application will also include:

  1. Two personal statements, 300-500 words each.
  2. Pastor Recommendation. The form will be automatically emailed to your pastor when you are prompted on the application.

Read: Why does TMU require personal statements and recommendations?


Transcripts & English Language Test

A transcript is a document that reflects the completion of your secondary school education or the equivalent. Transcripts list the courses you took, the grading scale used, and the grades (marks) you obtained.

The Master’s University prefers that all transcripts sent to us also be accompanied by an American GPA equivalent (given on a 4.0 scale). This evaluation should be done by a credential evaluation service. If your transcript does not already give a cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale, then please have such an evaluation performed. We suggest the following two evaluators, though others are available. Look for a credential evaluation service that holds an NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) membership, to ensure the highest possible accuracy in your transcript evaluation. Please follow the instructions on the evaluators’ websites.

Athletes must have their transcripts evaluated through InCred. All transcripts must be officially translated into English, and bear both the original signature (not a photocopy) of the school official and the official school seal.

Transfer Students (those who have completed any post-secondary coursework) should also have their college or university transcripts submitted, likewise officially translated into English. Transfer students seeking transfer credit should make sure to have a course-by-course evaluation performed, if needing their transcripts evaluated according to paragraph 2, above.

Please keep in mind that it may take several weeks for your school to process and mail an official transcript (in addition to the time the transcripts spend in transit, which varies from country to country). Likewise, the evaluation process may also take several days or weeks. Accordingly, please submit your transcripts requests early in the application process.

If you are ordering your transcripts through Parchment, our school name is spelled precisely as: “Master`S University And Seminary” (you may want to copy+paste)

All official and evaluated transcripts should be sent to:

The Master’s University - Office of Admissions

21726 Placerita Canyon Road

Santa Clarita, CA 91321


Submit English Language Test Score

Your academic success at The Master’s University depends a great deal upon your fluency in the English language. In order to determine your level of proficiency, international applicants must sit for the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System).

The TOEFL is an official exam supervised by the Educational Testing Service (ETS). The service sends an official report noting your score on the exam to an institution of your choice. You may obtain information about this test at When you apply for the test you may have your results sent to The Master’s University by referencing our school code, which is 4411.

To be considered for admission to The Master’s University, applicants must earn a score of at least 80 on the internet-based (iBT) TOEFL or a 550 on paper-based version.

IELTS is jointly managed by the British Council, IDT:IELTS Australia, and the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations. Information about sitting for the IELTS can be found on their web site at The Master’s University requires a band score of 6.5 or higher.

Registration for these exams often must be secured several months in advance. Please plan accordingly.

Note to Native English Speakers: If you are a native English speaker, you should take either the SAT or ACT, in lieu of the TOEFL or IELTS. Our school code for the SAT is 4411, and for the ACT it is 0303.

Note to Transfer Students: If you have completed 24 or more semester units of transferable coursework at an accredited American university or college (but not just in an ESL program), the requirements for submitting exam scores (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, or ACT) are waived.


Financial Aid

Total Cost Calculator

Tuition, housing and meal expenses, books, health insurance, and transportation costs are outlined here: Tuition & Fees

International Students Tuition Care

For qualifying students, TMU offers “International Students Tuition Care”, which is 50% off of the annual tuition.

We are happy to say that—while The Master’s University is not able to give students a full scholarship—we do offer significant funds for qualified international students. We understand that this is a difficult process requiring a great deal of effort and faith. We are praying with you that God’s provision and guidance would be clear to you through this process. Currently, over 90% of our student population receives financial aid. Please note that individual awards cannot be determined until the student has been admitted to the college.

Important Background Information

You should be aware of the following regulations pertaining to international students in F-1 status:

  1. As an international student, you are required by the US government to be registered full-time.

  2. Unless you are living with a family member, you are required to live on campus.

  3. International students on an F-1 visa are only permitted to work on-campus, up to 20 hours per week.

  4. All students are required to have a computer when they come to the college.

  5. All students must have health insurance coverage in the USA.

  6. Student loans are not available, nor advisable, for international students.

Scholarships and Grants

Please Note: Applicants must submit the following three forms in order to qualify for ANY financial aid.

  1. TMU Financial Aid Application This form has now been incorporated into our online application, so students only need to complete this version if they applied for admission to TMU using a paper or pdf application. Contact the International Admissions Counselor if you are not sure whether you need to submit this application. Important note: continuing international students already enrolled at TMU should complete this form using the “Financial Aid Renewal Form” link in Self-Service.

  2. International Student Financial Aid Supplement Completing this form is required before international students can receive any need-based Financial Aid from The Master’s University.

  3. Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy Signing this form is also required before any student can receive any Financial Aid from The Master’s University (not required for current/returning TMU students).

Note: The priority deadline for submitting most Financial Aid documents is March 2. Please submit your Financial Aid documents by that time in order to ensure consideration for available funds.

Keep in mind that we will not be able to process or guarantee any Financial Aid until all of your admissions application documents have been received. Once you are officially admitted to TMU, your admissions counselor will send you online forms of the material above to be submitted with your TMU student ID. The Office of Financial Aid will only accept financial aid forms that are completed online by students that have been accepted to TMU.

Our staff is here to guide you through this process — you’re not on your own! Please contact Zach Rodriguez, International Admissions Counselor, with any additional questions you have about international financial aid.


Finalize Visa Requirements

Most international students will need an F-1 (student) visa to study at The Master’s University. Once an international student receives his or her acceptance letter and financial aid award package, an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility may be obtained with the assistance of our Designated School Official (DSO). The I-20 can in turn be used to apply for an F-1 visa as a U.S. embassy or consulate. Of course, you as an individual are responsible for obtaining and maintaining a valid passport from your home country.

Before an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility can be issued, the United States Department of State government requires that each international student be able to document his or her ability to afford an education at The Master’s University. Once you have received your financial aid package, you will be asked to submit documentation regarding the remainder of needed funds. This documentation can come from you the student, your family, or any number of sponsors. Each person must fill out, sign, and return the appropriate affidavit of support (see below) with a bank statement or letter from a bank official verifying the availability of funds. Again, we require these documents before we can begin to prepare your I-20, the document that will allow you to apply for an F-1 visa at an American consulate or embassy.

Please do not submit these forms until you have been notified by your admissions counselor and Designated School Official:

Additional information about obtaining and maintaining your visa and/or F-1 student status will be provided once you have been accepted to The Master’s University and have received your financial aid package. In the meantime, general information about applying for a student visa can be found on the U.S. Government’s “Study in the States” website here.


Application Deadlines

Application Opens

Complete your application starting September 1 for the Fall 2021 semester. Students applying for on-campus undergraduate programs apply here.

Sep 1

Financial Aid Opens

Complete your federal student aid by creating an ‘FSA ID’ now at TMU’s federal school code is 001220

Oct 1

Virtual Preview Day

Prospective and admitted students and families are invited to join the Virtual Preview Day Q&A session via Zoom! at 3:30 p.m. PDT. Register Now

Oct 1

Early Application Deadline

Applications submitted after November 1 will incur a $40 application fee

Nov 1

Financial Aid Priority Deadline

Complete your FAFSA before this date to qualify for the maximum amount of aid.

Mar 2

National Decision Deadline

Complete your deposit and commit for Fall 2021

May 1

Admitted Students Day (ASD)

Admitted Students and Families are welcome on-campus for a special event. Register Now

Apr 22

Week Of Welcome (WOW)

Orientation week prior to the start of Fall Classes. Learn More

Last Week of August

Request Info