It’s a critical question—easily one of the most important questions students and parents ask when they pick a college—how can I afford my education? The Master’s University understands that concern, and as we provide a Christ-centered education, we strive to make it as affordable as possible. Thankfully, TMU is, and has always been, one of the most reasonably priced institutions of higher learning in California. And to make sure we can continue to provide this world-class education to as many people as possible, we are freezing tuition — keeping it at the same price — for the next two academic years.
# The tuition of $27,950 has not been increased for 2020 and will remain as-is for 2021, benefitting also new incoming Fall 2021 students.
Along with this tuition freeze, TMU will continue to provide scholarships and federal and state assistance for qualified students. This fall, the University introduced several new scholarships, including the First Generation Scholarship for students who are first in their family to attend college; the Red & Blue scholarship for students whose parents are serving in firefighting or law enforcement; ministry scholarships for students who are members of TMU partner churches; and the Steadfast scholarship, named in honor of Dr. John Stead’s 50 years of ministry at TMU. And finally, during the COVID-19 pandemic, the University offered qualifying students a 10% discount on their fall 2020 bill. For families who have lost a significant amount of income due to COVID-19, our financial aid office was able to offer as much $6,195 in aid. The University also helped students receive aid from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act passed by Congress on March 27, 2020.
Over the next two years, the University’s on-campus housing will continue to be a great value. Not only is the cost of on-campus living significantly lower than off-campus housing, but the residence halls have also been renovated to provide an incredible student experience.
The liberal arts are more important than ever. In a workplace that increasingly demands creative solutions, liberal arts give an edge. In an increasingly anti-Christian society, they provide the discernment to stay faithful to Christ. In an increasingly complicated world, they make it easier to discern the right decisions for families, and churches. The stakes are too high to ignore this crucial part of an education. With the newly announced tuition freeze and new scholarship options, there has never been a better time to join this community of dedicated Christians who live, work, and study together for God’s glory.
Students who choose Master’s are not just wanting to pay for a degree but to invest in true education. That’s why we strive to offer students a Christ-centered education within the financial reach of all and endeavor to keep costs as low as possible. Consequently, our tuition is among the most economical for a private university.
* 98% of on-campus students receive financial assistance (2018-19)
* $7.2 million in institutional aid awarded annually
When calculating university costs, be sure to consider the total cost. Consider items like: books and supplies, transportation, and personal spending money. While these amounts vary with each student, it can raise the total cost of education above the published tuition and room and board amounts. Fortunately, when computing a student’s financial need, we take all these costs into consideration. The Master’s University is a leading university for affordability and graduation rates.
* **More Affordable:** Tuition at TMU is more affordable by about 30.5% compared to the average tuition cost at 15 other private Christian universities in California. Our average total cost is more affordable by about 22.7%. (October 2018)
* **More Successful:** TMU’s 61.2% student graduation rate leads compared to average Christian colleges (52.9%), and almost doubles the rate of students at public institutions (32.8%) (CCCU.org 2019).
* **More Freedom:** TMU strives to help every student and family attain an affordable tuition package through scholarships, grants, and a wide variety of aid. In 2019, our personalized financial aid options allowed 67% of students to graduate with less than $20,000 in loan debt, compared with the national average of $29,800, and many students are also able to graduate with zero debt.
See TMU Scholarships:
* [Red & Blue Scholarship](https://www.masters.edu/financial-aid/red-and-blue-scholarship)
* [1st Generation Scholarship](https://www.masters.edu/financial-aid/1st-generation-scholarship)
* [Steadfast 2021 Scholarship](https://www.masters.edu/financial-aid/steadfast-2021-scholarship)
[All Scholarships >](https://www.masters.edu/financial-aid/tmu-scholarship)
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|