Across the centuries, notable individuals have magnified the importance of being thankful.
“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others” (Cicero).
“Silent gratitude isn’t very much use to anyone” (Gertrude Stein).
“If we magnified blessings as much as we magnify disappointments, we would all be much happier” (John Wooden).
These tweetable quotes are wise and true, but how often do people actually practice an attitude of thankfulness? How often are news stories and our own social media feeds littered with complaints? How often do we take part?
As Christians, Scripture calls us to a higher standard and a better motivation:
Above all, we should be thankful for the character of the one true and living God whom we serve: “O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting” (1 Chronicles 16:34).
We can only truly give thanks because of Christ and the redemption we received through Him. In “*whatever* (we) do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father” (Colossians 3:17).
We are to continuously practice thankfulness. “Devote (ourselves) to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving” (Colossians 4:2).
No matter the situation, trial or challenge we are to “be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let (our) requests be made known to God” (Philippians 4:6).
Why? Because of God and who He is, because of Christ and His example and sacrifice, because of the Holy Spirit through whom we have the power to follow Christ and obey God. Even if the grace of God were our only blessing—without family, friends, education, work, etc.—we would still have everything to be thankful for. What a unique contrast to the worldly philosophy that always seeks more and is never satisfied?
Thankfulness isn’t just an attitude for Thanksgiving, but one that should permeate every facet of our lives and cause us to radiate the transformative power of the gospel.
The following are only a few of the many reasons we as a university are thankful:
1. Faculty and staff who have continued in steadfast dedication to Christ and the inerrant Scripture for over 90 years.
2. A student body eager to learn and grow together as believers and students.
3. Donors, board members, alumni, family and friends who have carried the testimony of Master’s U and Christ around the world.
4. The ability to open the doors for more students through a significant tuition reduction.
5. Campus updates seen throughout the last year and a half—new lockers rooms, updated Student Center, the University Exchange, the Trough, a new facility for Kinesiology—and the updates we will continue to see in the years to come.
6. The addition of new programs such as the Marketing Media major, the fully online Master of Education degree, the Paleontology emphasis for those studying biological science, and many more.
7. The move from 12 academic departments to seven schools.
8. National recognition that our alumni look back at TMU as the Right Choice for their university experience.
9. Academic and Athletic programs that compete at the highest level and continue to set new standards across the country.
10. To be led by the longest serving university president in the state of California, Dr. John MacArthur (1985-present).
This Thanksgiving, what are you thankful for?
The Master’s University and Seminary admit students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
21726 Placerita Canyon Road
Santa Clarita, CA 91321
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|