Admissions header-img



The Master’s University invites students considering admission for Fall 2018 to begin the application process now.

The admissions committee carefully works with every applicant through every step, ensuring that The Master’s University is indeed the right school for you. There is application paperwork to complete, but let us help do it with you - from walking through the application package with you, to helping you with financial aid requests, making helpful recommendations, to welcoming you on campus. We want you to experience the world-class standards of TMU from the first step.

We look forward to meeting you!

Have a Question? call: 661.362.2363 | text: 661.748.0266 | write:

Extended Early Application!

Celebrating our lowered tuition, we’ll waive application fees until December 15

The Master’s University equips young Christian men and women for spiritual service and leadership - in their careers, in their homes, and through their ministries. Every class we teach and every degree we confer stand on the foundation of God’s Word. Our students acquire knowledge from a Biblical perspective, filtering everything they learn through the lens of God’s Word. In other words, they gain wisdom to serve and wisdom to lead.

“I saw firsthand what TMU had done for my brother academically, athletically and spiritually. So, choosing TMU myself became an easy decision.” - Jason Karkenny (‘17)

Option 1: Apply Online

Application Checklist:

Online Application

  • In order to apply online, you’ll create an “account” first (so you can save and return to your application), before being able to complete the various sections of the online application. Once an application is submitted, the applicant cannot go back and change the application.

  • Personal Statements (Part of Online Application)

  • The Master’s University requires two personal statements as part of the application (approx. 300-500 words each), so plan accordingly.

Pay Application Fee (Fall Students extension waived until Dec. 15). Fee is refundable by May 1st for Fall 2018 applicants

Pastor Recommendation Form

  • Must be completed by non-relative within applicant’s church. Form can be filled out by Head Pastor, Associate Pastor, Youth Pastor, or Elder. Form can be sent directly to pastor from application by inputting the pastor’s email address when requested, otherwise it is the applicants responsibility to email their pastor the link to the form.

Official Transcripts

  • Applicant must request transcripts from current or most recent school.

  • Transcripts can be emailed to or mailed directly to the Office of Admissions at 21726 Placerita Canyon Rd., Newhall, CA 91321

ACT or SAT scores (waived for transfer applicants)

  • To send your ACT scores click here

  • To send your SAT scores click here

  • College Board Code for The Master’s University: 4411

Read the Doctrinal Statement and Student Handbook.

Freshman/Transfer Qualification

Freshman: Students entering TMU the Fall directly after graduating in the Spring are considered freshman. Students entering TMU with less than 24 college level units completed are also considered freshman, with freshman scholarships available.

Transfer: Any student who has been out of high school for at least one semester, and has completed a minimum of 24 college level units, is considered a transfer. If a student has 24 college level units, and is entering TMU the Fall directly after graduating in the Spring they will not be considered a Transfer.

Option 2: Download Application Documents (pdf format)

If you prefer to download and print your TMU Application for Admission, rather than completing it online, you may download all the application components here.

International Students

Please visit our International Student Application Page for detailed information about how to apply.

Application Deadlines for Fall 2018:

Extended Early Application & 2017 Admission – December 15: Receive admission decision for Fall 2018 before the end of 2017 Thanks to the NEW reduced tuition structure, we also extend our application fee waiver until Dec. 15.

Priority Decision – February 23, 2018: Receive full consideration for the Fall 2018 semester, applicants should complete their admissions and financial aid applications by February 23.

Rolling Admissions – After February 23, 2018: We continue to accept applications but cannot guarantee consideration for Fall 2018

Already Applied? Check your application status online!

Click here to check the status of your online application in real time.

If you’ve been admitted and have decided that TMU is the place for you, secure your spot today by submitting your $200 tuition/housing deposit here. The deposit is fully refundable until May 1.

Image Map

International Admssions Counselor

Joshua English

Four Steps To Apply

  • Step 1
  • Step 2

    1. Request Transcripts

    A transcript is a document that reflects the completion of your secondary school education or the equivalent. Transcripts list the courses you took, the grading scale used, and the grades (marks) you obtained.

    The Master’s University prefers that all transcripts sent to us also be accompanied by an American GPA equivalent (given on a 4.0 scale). This evaluation should be done by a credential evaluation service. If your transcript does not already give a cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale, then please have such an evaluation performed. We suggest the following two evaluators, though others are available. Look for a credential evaluation service that holds an NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) membership, to ensure the highest possible accuracy in your transcript evaluation. Please follow the instructions on the evaluators’ websites.

    All transcripts must be officially translated into English, and bear both the original signature (not a photocopy) of the school official and the official school seal.

    Transfer Students (those who have completed any post-secondary coursework) should also have their college or university transcripts submitted, likewise officially translated into English. Transfer students seeking transfer credit should make sure to have a course-by-course evaluation performed, if needing their transcripts evaluated according to paragraph 2, above.

    Please keep in mind that it may take several weeks for your school to process and mail an official transcript (in addition to the time the transcripts spend in transit, which varies from country to country). Likewise, the evaluation process may also take several days or weeks. Accordingly, please submit your transcripts requests early in the application process.

    All official and evaluated transcripts should be sent to:

    The Master’s University - Office of Admissions 21726 Placerita Canyon Road Santa Clarita, CA 91321 USA

    2. Submit English Language Test Score

    Your academic success at The Master’s University depends a great deal upon your fluency in the English language. In order to determine your level of proficiency, international applicants must sit for the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System).

    The TOEFL is an official exam supervised by the Educational Testing Service (ETS). The service sends an official report noting your score on the exam to an institution of your choice. You may obtain information about this test at When you apply for the test you may have your results sent to The Master’s University by referencing our school code, which is 4411.

    To be considered for admission to The Master’s University, applicants must earn a score of at least 80 on the internet-based (iBT) TOEFL or a 550 on paper-based version.

    IELTS is jointly managed by the British Council, IDT:IELTS Australia, and the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations. Information about sitting for the IELTS can be found on their web site at The Master’s University requires a band score of 6.5 or higher.

    Registration for these exams often must be secured several months in advance. Please plan accordingly.

    Note to Native English Speakers: If you are a native English speaker, you should take either the SAT or ACT, in lieu of the TOEFL or IELTS. Our school code for the SAT is 4411, and for the ACT it is 0303.

    Note to Transfer Students: If you have completed 24 or more semester units of transferable coursework at an accredited American university or college (but not just in an ESL program), the requirements for submitting exam scores (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, or ACT) are waived.

    3. Send Pastor Recommendation

  • Step 3

    Complete Financial Aid Application

    At the present time, it costs approximately $42,000 (USD) to attend The Master’s University for one year (two semesters), including tuition, housing, and meals. Books, health insurance, and transportation may be extra.

    We are happy to say that—while The Master’s University is not able to give students a full scholarship—we do offer significant funds for qualified international students. We understand that this is a difficult process requiring a great deal of effort and faith. We are praying with you that God’s provision and guidance would be clear to you through this process. Currently, over 90% of our student population receives financial aid! Please note that individual awards cannot be determined until the student has been admitted to the college.

    Important Background Information

    You should be aware of the following regulations pertaining to international students in F-1 status:

    1. As an international student, you are required by the US government to be registered full-time.

    2. Unless you are living with a family member, you are required to live on campus.

    3. International students on an F-1 visa are only permitted to work on-campus, up to 20 hours per week.

    4. All students are required to have a computer when they come to the college.

    5. All students must have health insurance coverage in the USA.

    6. Student loans are not available, nor advisable, for international students.

    Scholarships and Grants

    Please Note: Applicants must submit the following three forms in order to qualify for ANY financial aid.

    1. TMU Financial Aid Application This form has now been incorporated into our online application, so students only need to complete this version if they applied for admission to TMU using a paper or pdf application. Contact the International Admissions Counselor if you are not sure whether you need to submit this application. Important note: continuing international students already enrolled at TMU should complete this form using the “Financial Aid Renewal Form” link in Self-Service.

    2. International Student Financial Aid Supplement Completing this form is required before international students can receive any need-based Financial Aid from The Master’s University.

    3. Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy Signing this form is also required before any student can receive any Financial Aid from The Master’s University (not required for current/returning TMU students).

    President’s Scholarship ($15,000)

    Application Deadline: Late January This is our largest and most competitive scholarship, available to full-time incoming freshmen (including international students). Applicants must have a high school GPA of 3.85 and a SAT I score (Critical Reasoning and Math sub-tests only) of 1400 or ACT score of 32. International students who have not taken the SAT may still apply. Renewable with a college GPA of 3.5. Note: replaces academic scholarship (see below). Not available for transfer or Spring students.

    President’s Scholarship Application

    Academic Scholarships ($2,000-$11,000)

    Awarded to students who have demonstrated strong academic performance at the high school level. No extra steps required—automatically awarded to students who meet the academic qualifications.

    TMU Grant (up to $7500)

    Awarded to students with significant financial need. No extra steps required—automatically awarded based on calculated need.

    International Student Grant ($-varies)

    Priority Application Deadline: March 2 The International Grant is an award given to international students based on financial need, academic achievement, and local church recommendation. The amounts range from $500 to $3,500. The Grant Recommendation must be filled out and submitted by a local church leader who is not related to you. Scholarships are awarded as long as funds are available.

    International Student Grant Application Form

    International Student Grant Recommendation Form

    Christian Ministry Dependent Grant ($3000)

    This $3,000 grant is given to students who have at least one parent employed in full time Christian ministry. The grant application must be submitted with a copy of the organization’s doctrinal statement.

    Click here for the Christian Ministry Dependent Grant Application

    Pastor and Missionary Dependent Scholarship ($5,000)

    For those students who are children of full-time pastors or missionaries who provide the primary income for their family. Only applicable to students entering the college in the Fall of 2014 and subsequent years.

    Click here for the Pastor and Missionary Dependent Grant Application

    Ministry Matching Grant (up to $1500)

    Awarded to students who receive sponsorship from a Christian ministry. TMU will match, on a dollar-for-dollar basis, up to a total of $1,500 per student. Both the application and the funds must be received by August 1st in order to qualify.

    Click here for the Ministry Matching Grant Application

    Awana Citation Award ($1000)

    For those students who have received a complete AWANA citation. Award is $1,000. You must submit copy of your AWANA Citation Award by March 2.

    Music Scholarships ($-varies)

    For music majors only. Contact the Music Department separately.

    Athletic Scholarships ($-varies)

    For intercollegiate athletes only. Contact the Athletic Department separately.

    Shamrock Scholarships ($-varies)

    For more information, visit

    Note: The priority deadline for submitting most Financial Aid documents is March 2. Please submit your Financial Aid documents by that time in order to ensure consideration for available funds.

    As you prepare to submit these documents, you may scan and email your documents to the International Admissions Counselor, fax them to 661-362-2695, or submit them by post to The Master’s University - International Admissions, 21726 Placerita Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, CA 91321

    Keep in mind that we will not be able to process or guarantee any Financial Aid until all of your admissions application documents have been received.

    Our staff is here to guide you through this process—you’re not on your own! Please contact Josh English, International Admissions Counselor, with any additional questions you have about international financial aid.

  • Step 4

    Finalize Visa Requirements

    Most international students will need an F-1 (student) visa to study at The Master’s University. Once an international student receives his or her acceptance letter and financial aid award package, an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility may be obtained with the assistance of our Designated School Official (DSO). The I-20 can in turn be used to apply for an F-1 visa as a U.S. embassy or consulate. Of course, you as an individual are responsible for obtaining and maintaining a valid passport from your home country.

    Before an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility can be issued, the United States Department of State government requires that each international student be able to document his or her ability to afford an education at The Master’s University. Once you have received your financial aid package, you will be asked to submit documentation regarding the remainder of needed funds. This documentation can come from you the student, your family, or any number of sponsors. Each person must fill out, sign, and return the appropriate affidavit of support (see below) with a bank statement or letter from a bank official verifying the availability of funds. Again, we require these documents before we can begin to prepare your I-20, the document that will allow you to apply for an F-1 visa at an American consulate or embassy.

    Please do not submit these forms until you have been notified to do so by the Office of International Student Advancement:

    Additional information about obtaining and maintaining your visa and/or F-1 student status will be provided once you have been accepted to The Master’s University and have received your financial aid package. In the meantime, general information about applying for a student visa can be found on the U.S. Government’s “Study in the States” website here.

Congratulations on being accepted to The Master’s University! We believe the best way to be a testimony to Jesus Christ is our excellence in all areas of life, so our desire is to equip Christ-followers to go out into the world as leaders and pioneers in their field, on the foundation of Christ and Scripture. We are so excited to invite you to be a part of everything that is happening here at TMU!

Now that you have been accepted, there are a few things we need you to do to secure your spot here! Once all of these are completed, you can rest easy and start your dorm shopping!

Step 1:

Accept Your Offer: Let us know if you plan on attending next semester by clicking here! This is a $200 deposit refundable through May 1st 2017 that reserves a seat for you in the next incoming class.

Step 2:

Pre-Registration: This is where you will tell us your roommate preferences, request a dorm, select a meal plan, and all the other fun stuff! Click here for directions on how to pre-register for next semester.

Step 3:

Sign up for an advising appointment! During your advising appointment you will officially enroll in classes for the upcoming semester! Don’t worry, we will have a schedule ready for your appointment so it can be as quick and seamless as possible. Click here for step-by-step directions on scheduling an advising appointment.

If you have questions on any of these steps, pick up the phone and call us at 661-362-2363 or shoot us an email at We can’t wait for you to come!

Admissions - Frequently Asked Questions

Where is The Master’s University Located?

We’re tucked into a cozy canyon community about 30 minutes up the freeway from downtown L.A , the beach or Hollywood!

When can I visit the school?

That’s a great question because there are so many choices. First off, you should know that our doors are always open. Drop in whenever you want. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are great because that’s when we hold chapel services, but you can experience our heart for the Lord any day of the week. If you’re up for a more structured event, we hold College View Weekends twice a year. You can also schedule a personalized tour with a few mouse clicks.

What are the TMU school codes?

They are:

  • FAFSA School Code: 001220
  • SAT School Code: 4411
  • ACT Code: 0303

What kind of financial aid is offered at TMU?

The important thing to know here is that a TMU education is a LOT more affordable than you think. We offer federal, state, institutional aid in the form of grants, loans, need based and merit based scholarships, and work study programs. Most of our students (93% at last count) receive some form of financial – why not you? The average TMU student receives over $20,000 in financial aid each year. Just make sure to get your application in early and to submit your FAFSA!

How much will TMU cost for me personally?

Great question! Seeing how everyone’s financial situation is different, we recommend using our Total Price Calculator. To access our Total Price Calculator, click here.

How many programs do we offer?

This answer surprises people because they think we only offer Bible classes. The truth is we are a liberal arts college built on a biblical foundation, and that means variety. We offer 13 majors and over 55 areas of study.

What are the top 6 majors?

Hmmm … that’s a tough question. We think all of our majors are great. But if we must rank them, our most attended are: Business, Biology, Communication, Bible, and Music.

Will my credits transfer from________________?

We get this one a lot. The answer depends on a few factors: Namely, where are the credits coming from (the college must be accredited) and what kind of grades did you earn (nothing below a C is accepted). And yes, we do accept CLEP, AP, and IB credits. Check out our articulation agreements with CA schools at

How many units do I need to be considered a transfer student?

The magic number here is 24 semester units (36 quarter units), and those need to be credits that you completed after high school graduation. But don’t sweat it. If you have less than 24 units, we’ll just go off your high school transcript and test scores.

What is the average class size at TMU?

We love this question because it highlights one of our best features: personal attention. Our lower division classes range from 30-40 students, and our upper division classes are limited to about 8-15. Some Bible classes are bigger (close to 100 students), but over the past four years, our average class size is 20-25 students. That’s a great environment in which too engage your professors – and for them to engage you!

What is the student/teacher ratio?

The ratio is 10-to-1. In other words, you will get to know your profs. And they will get to invest in you.

What classes should I take if I am transferring to TMU from a community college?

The first place to look for answers to this one is in our Academic Catalog – lots of helpful specifics there. After that, you should talk to one of our counselors (they’re extremely helpful and they speak in plain English) or go straight to the Registrar’s Office – the buck stops there. You’ll be glad to know we have articulation agreements with most community colleges in California, Oregon, Washington, and some in Arizona. We’ll contact them for you and help you sort it all out.

What kind of rules does TMU have?

The most important rule you need to know about is also the rule that’s most important to us: we call it the Rule of Grace. It governs the rest of them, so we’ll start there. After that, we have a small handful of parameters (recently revised). Check out the Student Handbook for the details.

Is chapel required?

Chapel is the hub of the TMU community and attendance is required. Chapel meets three times per week and students can miss up to six per semester.

What sports are offered at TMU?

You'll find Mustangs competing on the following teams:


  • Basketball
  • Baseball
  • Soccer
  • X-Country
  • Track
  • Golf
  • Swimming & Diving


  • Basketball
  • Soccer
  • X-Country
  • Track
  • Volleyball
  • Swimming & Diving

We also offer a fierce (and fun) menu of intramural sports: Basketball, Volleyball, Ultimate Frisbee, Softball, Golf, Tennis, Flag Football, Soccer, Dodge Ball.

Pack your cleats.

What is the male/female ratio at TMU?

While many Christian colleges operate on a female/male ratio of two or even three to one, we’ve got a level playing field here. Translation: our guy-to-gal ratio is 1-to-1. Sorry, guys.

Can I bring a car to school?

Remember, this is L.A. Of course you can bring a car (but you can get by without it). Just pack an extra $45 per semester to cover the parking fee. And make sure to read the parking signs!

Are there any restrictions on having a car at TMU?

A few. The first is obvious – make sure your car is properly registered and adequately insured (the state of California came up with that one). You should also know that you can’t just park anywhere. But you do have dorm parking. Finally, for you do-it-yourselfers, make sure you get permission before you decide to throw your car up on blocks and change out the transmission in front of Hotchkiss Hall.

Is our campus secure?

Absolutely. Our students are our most precious commodity, and we take our stewardship of them seriously. We are situated in a quiet, safe neighborhood, but we take nothing for granted. Our campus security officers patrol the campus 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our annual crime report speaks for itself--find a copy here.

Can I live off campus?

What? And miss all the perks of campus life? If you must, there are some restrictions. Full-time students can live off campus, if they're over the age of 21 and have come in as freshmen or are married. Some students live off campus (usually with Mom and Dad) and commute. But most prefer the TMU community. You can check out the Student Handbook for more specifics.

What are TMU’s admission requirements?

  1. Faith in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior
  2. High school graduate, GED, or California High School Proficiency Exam
  3. Application
  4. Pastor Recommendation
  5. Personal Statements
  6. SAT/ACT Scores
  7. High school and or college transcripts
  8. Application Fee: $40 (waived during Early Action)

Early Action Deadline: Your application must be postmarked by November 15, although financial aid applications can come later. We’ll let you know if you’ve been accepted within 2-3 weeks of receiving your completed application.

Priority Deadline: March 2nd. However, we continue to asked applications on a "rolling" basis even after our Priority Deadline.

Do I qualify for financial aid?

Let’s put it this way, if you don’t, you’re in the minority … way in the minority. About 93% of our students qualify for financial aid.

Does TMU prefer the SAT or ACT?

Take your pick. Either one works for us. But if you take the SAT, make sure it’s the SAT I because we don’t use the SAT II.

What are academic guidelines for GPA and test scores?

There are a number of factors, so we don't publish specific minimums. We're looking for students who have succeeded in college preparatory high school classes, and have earned above average test scores on the SAT or ACT. If a student falls below the recommended test score or grade point average, the student could still be admitted as part of our Program for Academic Support and Success (PASS).

What denomination is TMU?

We believe the Bible is literally true and divinely inspired. If that’s a denomination, then that’s us. Other than that we are non-denominational. Click here to read over our doctrinal statement.

What percentage of the faculty uphold and affirm the TMU doctrinal statement?

Is this a trick question? We hold firm to our doctrinal statement and so does our faculty — all of our faculty … 100%.

How many countries are represented at TMU?

It may be easier to answer this one by telling you which countries aren’t represented. Right now, our student body looks like an international shepherd’s pie. We have students from 30 countries.

I’m from one of those other countries… how do I apply to TMU?

Check out our step-by-step guide for International Students here.

Is TMU accredited?

We love this question because we’re not only accredited, we’re WASC accredited (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) and a member ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) and other associations. That’s a lot of letters, and they all add up to one thing: TMU is a seriously decorated, seriously recognized academic institution.

What can I do with my TMU degree?

What can’t you do with it? Build an economic empire, write the great American novel, cure the common cold. A TMU education will help you find God’s plan for your career … God’s unique and perfect use for your unique and perfect array of gifts. Can’t beat that.

Do TMU graduates attend Graduate School?

Yes. Our graduates continue their educations at such institutions as Pepperdine, UCLA, Georgetown, Oxford, Duke, and USC. Twenty percent of TMU students attend immediately and 35% attend within five years. Medical schools attended by TMU grads include Baylor College of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Loma Linda University, University of Michigan, and College of Osteopathic Medicine. About 95% of our students who apply to med school get in. Seminaries: TMU grads have attended Western Conservative Baptist, Talbot School of Theology, Dallas Theological Seminary, The Master’s Seminary, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, and Trinity Evangelical Divinity School.

How many home school students attend Master’s?

Home school students constitute about a third of our student body, so we’ve got a nice mix. The other 2/3rds are split between public and private high school.

What is there to do for fun?

We can answer that question with two words in Spanish: Los Angeles. Being 30 minutes from the heart of L.A. means you are 30 minutes from (you can fill in the blank here). Want sun? How about a quick drive to Santa Monica or Malibu Beach? Like to shop? We’ve got a fantastic mall here in town, or you can always zip down the Hollywood freeway to Beverly Hills or Melrose Avenue. Like museums? The Getty is close and it’s free. How about a trip to Hollywoood, Disneyland, or Six Flags (which is right here in Santa Clarita)? You won’t ever be bored. Just don’t forget about your homework!

Do students stay on campus all weekend?

Even with everything Los Angeles has to offer, our students also enjoy just hanging out together on campus. Between dorm life, intramurals, sporting events, plays, concerts, or just kicking back at the Mustang Grill, there’s always plenty to do. Just make sure not to park your car next to Reese Field during a baseball game. Watching foul balls bounce off of windshields is another weekend pastime our students enjoy every spring.

How many dorms do you have on campus and are they co-ed?

We have 8 dorms on campus. 
All-girl dorms – Sweazy and Dixon Halls 
All-guy dorms – Slight and Waldock Halls
“Split” dorms (guys’ halls separated from girls’ halls by a common lounge area) – Hotchkiss and Smith Halls 
For more information about dorm life check out our student life page.


Application Information

The Graduate Studies department of the Master’s University welcomes applications from prospective students who are able to present strong academic records and a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ. In selecting students, the Graduate Admissions Committee admits those for whom graduation is a reasonable expectation and who offer potential to contribute positively to the graduate studies community.

Steps to Apply

To be considered for admission into the graduate studies program, you can Apply here!

The application will ask a variety of questions regarding personal, contact, family, education history, employment history, and church related information. Also included in the application will be several short answer questions about some key theological positions as well as your involvement with your local church and your reason to pursue Graduate Studies with us. You will also be prompted to provide us a brief description of your personal testimony and a 10-15 page writing sample of previous academic work, demonstrating graduate study proficiency (instructions will be included in that section of the application). There is no assigned topic for this writing sample - you are free to submit a paper you have already written for another class or program. However, be advised that in reviewing this writing sample, the MABC Admissions Committee will look not only for content, but also for acceptable formatting, syntax, grammar, and citation. Also, you will be able to provide the names and email addresses of three different references - Pastor or Elder, Educator, Personal (these cannot be relatives). Once you provide the name and the email address of the reference in the application, the system will automatically send the reference the appropriate electronic form and your reference can fill out that form without having to confer with you. If the reference delays in filling out the form, there will be an option to change the reference when you sign-in again to the application, if necessary. Finally, when you submit the application, you will be prompted to pay the application fee ($50) through our electronic portal (PayPal). If you cannot complete the payment using our electronic portal, please contact the Graduate Admissions Coordinator at or 661-362-2652 for other methods of payment. You will always be able to save your application and return to it later to finish at another time.

After the application has been submitted, the system will automatically assemble all previous schools you provided in the application and create a list of official transcripts that you will need to mail to our Graduate Studies Office. If your school uses a secure electronic system to email official transcripts, you may do this as well. But please be advised that these transcripts must be official (meaning that they cannot be copies of your transcripts, and they come directly from your school and have not been open by you or anyone else). Of most importance, students applying for graduate studies must have a bachelor’s degree from a school that meets the accreditation standards of the Higher Learning Commission in the United States, with few exceptions. If you are unsure about the accreditation of your school or have any problems sending us a transcript, please contact the Graduate Admissions Coordinator at or 661-362-2652. For mailed transcripts, please have your school send them to this address:


Office of Graduate Admissions Box #50

21726 Placerita Canyon Road

Santa Clarita, CA 91321


Please make sure to remind your school that the “Box #50” must be included in the address. Some schools have our basic address in their system without the “Box #50.” They may need prompting to include this number. If it is not included, the transcript will arrive in another department on our campus, and it may take some time to track it down. Thank you in advance!

Only for students in which English is not their first language, you will need to complete and score a minimum of 100 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Please visit their website here and search for “Master’s College” or “Master’s University” in Santa Clarita as the school where you would like your exam scores sent.

When all of the application items have been completed and sent to us (online application, recommendations, official transcripts, TOEFL), then your application will be ready for review by the Admissions Committee in the Graduate Studies Office. **Assuming the Admissions Committee grants you acceptance, you will be instructed to pay a $250 deposit that will act as payment toward your first class(es). We will not be able to finalize setting up your new student account until the deposit is paid. You will be granted the opportunity to pay the deposit electronically through our PayPal service provider upon accepting the offer of admission, or you may send the deposit via mail to the address listed above.**

*Those who went to schools under a previous last name, please make sure to provide your Former Last Name in the application so that we can identify your transcripts. Thank you!

**Prospective students of the Teaching Credential, Online program, or Seminary programs should consult those departments for application requirements and procedures.

Former or Current TMS Students: Your application will be shorter than what is prescribed above. Please designate that you are a Former/Current TMS Student at the beginning of the application. This will prompt the system to reduce your application requirements automatically. In the application, you will NOT be prompted to provide us a writing sample, pastor/elder reference, personal reference, or TOEFL (for those in which English is not their first language). For your transcripts, we have your TMS record already, so you will not need to request that from the Seminary. However, we will need you to request for copies of your other school transcripts from the TMS secretary (Jennifer Baughman). Please email Jennifer at and request from her copies of your transcripts to be sent to Box #50, the Graduate Studies Office at The Master’s University.

Re-Admit Students: Your application process will be shorter than what is prescribed above. Please designate that you are a Re-Admit Student at the beginning of the application. This will prompt the system to reduce your application requirements automatically. In the application, you will NOT be prompted to provide us a writing sample, educator reference, personal reference, or TOEFL (for those in which English is not their first language). Also, the short answers in the application will be uniquely fitted for you. For your transcripts, please send us only official transcripts of any schools you have attended since the last time you were enrolled as a student in our Graduate Studies programs.

    Domestic     International  
    Spring Term -  November 1 (of previous year)  July 15 (of previous year)
    Summer Term -  March 1 December 15
Fall Term -  July 1 April 15

Applications may be submitted after the deadline, but we cannot guarantee that they will be given equal consideration with those submitted on time. It is preferred that residential-local students begin studies in a fall term. Because the intensive-modular courses form both the foundation and anchor for the entire distance student’s experience, we highly recommend distance students to start the program in a summer term. A distant student may begin in the fall or spring semesters but the he/she must realize that he/she will necessarily need to take classes out of the prescribed order (see what we prescribe here) and thus be initially limited as to which courses he/she may take in the first couple of semesters. Moreover, students should be aware that some classes will assume the student’s familiarity of previous content from courses that would normally be taken in the prescribed order. In this way, all students will be held to the same academic standards whether he/she is taking the classes in the prescribed order or not. The Graduate Studies Office will help students minimize any potential problems that may result from taking classes out of the preferred order, but it is important that the student is aware of these potential challenges.

Transfer Credits

Credits from other institutions are generally not accepted for transfer due to the unique content and nature of our programs. However, some courses from other theological institutions may transfer with minimal additional coursework. Eligibility for transfer credits is only determined through the transcript review step of the application process.

International Students

The Master’s University is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students. Students from abroad are welcome, provided they meet the admission requirements of the University. For applicants, for whom English is a second language, a minimum score of 100 is required on the TOEFL exam in order to be considered for admission. While all classroom instruction is conducted in English, the administration, faculty and staff attempt to be sensitive to the needs of our international students. As foreign students’ legal needs are different from those of U.S. citizens, there are additional requirements. Foreign students are urged to contact the Office of International Student Advancement to obtain the appropriate information.

Contact Information:

The Master’s University

Office of Graduate Studies, Box #50

21726 Placerita Canyon Road

Santa Clarita, CA 91321

Jay Street

Graduate Studies Admissions Coordinator

P: 661.362.2652; 800.568.6248 x2652

F: 661.362.2712

The Master’s University Online offers several different options for all levels of academia. For instructions specific to the program for which you are applying, please visit the appropriate link below.

Undergraduate & Dual Enrollment Admission Requirements

  • Faith in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior

  • High School graduate, GED, or California High School Proficiency Exam

  • Dual Enrollment Students need to have completed their sophomore year of high school

Undergraduate & Dual Enrollment Application Process

  • Application completed online which will include:

    • Your information, education, personal testimony, and a writing sample
  • Pastor Recommendation

  • Official High School and College Transcripts (only if college level classes have been taken). Please send directly to our office at:

Online Office of Admissions

21726 Placerita Canyon Road

Santa Clarita, CA 91321

  • Application Fee of $35

Graduate Admission Requirements

  • Faith in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior

  • Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited Institution

Graduate Admission Requirements

  • Application completed online which will include:

    • Your information, education, and personal testimony
  • 5-10 page research pager complete in your undergraduate programs

  • FOR MA - Biblical Studies Only:

    • Complete 18 semester units of undergraduate coursework that includes 6 units of New Testament, 6 units of Old Testament, and 6 units of Christian Theology OR,

    • Complete a three-part comprehensive entrance examination in the areas mentioned above to certify a level of theological knowledge necessary for graduate study

    • You may also complete the required 18 units through TMU online’s general education courses

  • Pastor Recommendation

  • Official College transcripts

  • Application Fee of $35

Semester, Session Dates, and Application Deadlines

The priority application deadline is always one week prior to the start of a session.

Priority is given to prospective students who turn in all application materials by the application deadline.

We will work diligently with all late applicants, but cannot guarantee admission into the next session.

High School juniors and seniors can get a jump start on their college degree and achieve dual credit through our online courses. Students earn fully accredited units, taught from a Biblical worldview which are transferable to most colleges.

Save Money!

You can earn college credits at a discounted rate ($150/unit), while enrolled in The Master’s University Online program.

Save Time!

  • Earn both high school and college units simultaneously
  • Take classes anytime and anywhere
  • Finish classes at an accelerated pace


The tuition cost for this program is $150 per unit

Admission Requirements

  1. Statement of faith in Jesus Christ
  2. Must have completed their sophomore year of high school
  3. Ability to study and write at the collegiate level
  4. Submission of application materials
  5. Be of ages 15-19

Admission Process

  1. Complete and submit the Application for Online Learning.
  2. Recommendation of Pastor:
    The applicant must attend an evangelical church or fellowship and provide a recommendation from one of the pastors or church leaders.
  3. Submit an Official Transcript from your high school. Please make sure that the school has the correct address with The Master's University Online box number 33
  4. Complete the Dual Enrollment form.
  5. Pay the $35 application fee. This can be paid through the mail by check, or by phone by calling the Administrative Office.