The Pre-Physical Therapy emphasis, B.S. in Kinesiology & Physical Education program prepares students to enter graduate programs in physical therapy (D.P.T.), occupational therapy (O.T.), physician assistant (PA-C), podiatric medicine (D.P.M.), chiropractic (D.C.), and other allied health programs for careers in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Chiropractics, Physician Assistant, Nursing, Nutrition, and related fields.
For the highly motivated student who enjoys working with people and enjoys helping people, and has a lifestyle of continuous learning, this in-demand career field will grow 20-30+% over the next ten years, according to The Bureau of Labor Statistics, while the average for all careers is 5%.
- • 95% of graduates who apply to allied health graduate schools are accepted. TMU PrePT students are frequently accepted to the top 25 graduate schools (ranked by US News and World Report).
- • Graduate degrees earned include MD, DO, DPT, MOT, PA, and MSN.
- • Classes also taught by physical therapists and healthcare experts, including classes in Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Biomechanics, and Motor Learning.
- • Students may participate in short-term medical missions trips overseas
- • Internships completed at Henry Mayo Hospital, Providence/Holy Cross Hospital, Vargo Physical Therapy, SCV Therapy, Valencia Sports Medicine, and Progressive Physical Therapy.
- • New & innovative technology and resources in the classroom & lab include R. Stress ECG, surface EMG, body fat analysis, blood lactate analyzer, Microsoft Complete Anatomy 2020, cycle ergometer, treadmill, interactive learning boards.
Questions about a potential career? Visit our Student Career Center.
We prepare students for careers in allied healthcare who are equipped to engage their patients with an eternal perspective of pain and sufferingII Corinthians 4:16-17
Next Steps: Applying
Since 1927, the mission of The Master’s University is to empower students for a life of enduring commitment to Christ, biblical fidelity, moral integrity, intellectual growth, and lasting contribution to the Kingdom of God worldwide.
- Required statement of faith and pastoral recommendation
- 3.6 GPA average for new applications
Alumni StoriesSee All Stories
Alumni Focus: Evan JenkinsRead More
NewsSee All Articles
Why Science at TMU?Read More
Why Kinesiology & Health?Read More
Inside KinesiologyRead More
Need Help With a Major?
The office of undergraduate admissions is here to help you with classes, financial aid, transfers, housing, and moreLearn More