BACHELOR’s in MATHEMATICS (B.A.)
The full-time, undergraduate program for the B.A. in Mathematics, Emphasis in Pre-Engineering is the ideal step towards earning a Master’s or Ph.D in Engineering or similar fields.
- 10:1 student-teacher ratio and small class sizes allow for life-on-life mentoring & discipleship
- Flexible class schedules and transfer requirements
- Students may benefit from 360-degree spiritual growth and development, a vibrant student life, comprehensive financial aid, and a wide range of innovative resources for academics, career preparation, athletics, music & arts, study abroad, and community outreach.
- Combine engineering studies with a TMU Bible minor or Bible classes
- Study Abroad options including the Israel Bible Extension program (IBEX)
- Earn credits through optional GO! Missions Trips, TMU Italy, or winter classes
ROOTED IN AN UNWAVERING DEVOTION TO JESUS CHRIST AND THE INERRANT WORD OF GOD, OUR WORLD-CLASS FACULTY AND DEDICATED ADMINISTRATION PREPARE EACH STUDENT’S HEART AND MIND FOR A LIFE OF ETERNAL INFLUENCE. - John MacArthur
Being an engineer allows for upward movement both in terms of salary and promotions. Additionally, they often have flexible work schedules allowing for balance between work and personal life.
Median Engineer salary is $84,190.
According to the BLS, mechanical engineers earned a median salary of $84,190 in 2016. The best-paid earned about $131,350, while the lowest-paid earned less than $54,420. Industries that pay well include oil and gas extraction as well as software publishers.
Over 5,800 mechanical engineers are in the Los Angeles area alone, and engineering is an in-demand field across the US. Some top mechanical engineering firms to work for (many of which are in California) include:
The Boeing Company
United States Department of Energy
Walt Disney Company
California Teaching Credential (Mathematics)
The Master’s University Teaching Credential Programs enable students to become excellent teachers who integrate faith into teaching, learning, and living. Learn more about the 5th Year Teaching Credential.
|MA121 Calculus I|
|MA122 Calculus II|
|MA123 Calculus III|
|MA124 Calculus IV|
|MA231 Linear Algebra|
|MA111 Introduction to Scientific Programming|
|MA282 Ordinary Differential Equations|
|MA302 Introduction to Mathematical Proof|
|PS251/2 General Physics I & II|
|MAXXX Introduction to Engineering|
|MA425 Mathematical Modeling|
|MA464 Methods in Applied Mathematics|
|MA253 Discrete Mathematics|
|MA366 Mathematical Statistics|
|MA383 Complex Analysis|
|+ Bible: 21|
|+ General Education: 40|
|+ Major Core Courses: 24|