The Pre-Allied Health, B.S. in Biology is designed for careers in medical, clinical, surgical, or therapeutic technician and specialist roles, as well as specializations like radiography and nuclear medicine. Students may also prepare to enter graduate programs in physical therapy (D.P.T.), occupational therapy (O.T.), physician assistant (PA-C), podiatric medicine (D.P.M.), chiropractic (D.C.), and other allied health programs for careers in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Chiropractics, Physician Assistant, Nursing, Nutrition, and related fields.
Students are required to complete 41 Biology Core units, 23 Biology Emphasis units, 33 General Education units, and 21 Bible units. A minimum total of 122 units are required to graduate. See the full degree checklist for the Bachelor of Science:
- • 95% of graduates who apply to allied health graduate schools are accepted. Our graduates are frequently accepted to the top 25 graduate schools (ranked by U.S. News and World Report).
- • Graduate degrees earned include M.D., D.O., D.P.T., M.O.T., PA, and M.S.N.
- • Classes also taught by physical therapists and healthcare experts, including classes in Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Biomechanics, and Motor Learning.
- • Students may participate in short-term medical mission trips overseas.
- • Internships completed include Henry Mayo Hospital, Providence/Holy Cross Hospital, Vargo Physical Therapy, S.C.V. Therapy, Valencia Sports Medicine, and Progressive Physical Therapy.
For the highly motivated student who enjoys working with people and enjoys helping people, and has a lifestyle of continuous learning, the in-demand health career field will grow 20-30+% over the next 10 years, according to The Bureau of Labor Statistics, while the average for all careers is 5%. Our healthcare students are equipped to engage their future patients with an eternal perspective of pain and suffering (II Cor 4:16-17). Employers know that our students are not only intellectually competent but also see in them an exemplary testimony, holding firm to the truth and inerrancy of Scripture. The goal of all instruction is to send forth the saints with an understanding of health and science, so that through their professional, academic, and spiritual testimony, the Master is presented and exalted.
Questions about a potential career? Visit our Student Career Center.
We hold Christ and Scripture as inerrant and above all else. Everything is interpreted through that lens without compromise. This means the bible is the foundation for science, not science for the bible.Dr. Joe Francis, Dean of the School of Science
Next Steps: Applying
Since 1927, the mission of The Master’s University is to empower students for a life of enduring commitment to Christ, biblical fidelity, moral integrity, intellectual growth, and lasting contribution to the Kingdom of God worldwide.
- Required statement of faith and pastoral recommendation
- 3.6 GPA average for new applications
Alumni StoriesSee All Stories
NewsSee All Articles
Why Science at TMU?Read More
Need Help With a Major?
The office of undergraduate admissions is here to help you with classes, financial aid, transfers, housing, and moreLearn More