Music & Communication
The Communication emphasis, Bachelor of Arts in Music is for students with a musical background who desire to continue honing their skills in college while also studying the field of communication. Well-rounded competency in these areas prepares students for graduate school or career positions in a wide range of vocations, including public relations, the recording industry, sound engineering, church music ministry, musical theater, music editing, music publishing, and teaching. This emphasis is suitable preparation for careers in either Christian organizations or secular work environments.
- • Our campus is located within 30 miles of most major studios in Los Angeles.
- • Students are taught ahead of the trends, positioning them to be pioneers and entrepreneurs while still in school and leaders upon graduation with access to Black Magic Design industry-level 4K cameras, sound and light equipment, podcast studio, and more.
- • The National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) Accredited School of Music provides world-class performance opportunities in state-of-the-art facilities, individual attention to each student, and a wide variety of experiences.
- • Applied music courses (private lessons, ensembles, etc.) are available for active participation and development of individual musical skills, and additional courses are also open for growth in the knowledge and expression of the musical arts.
The school provides an acoustically mastered recital hall that is flexible for rehearsals, concerts, and recording sessions, in addition to 15 Wenger sound-proof practice rooms, including some V-rooms with built-in emulation of larger environments. Students have access to 33 pianos, two organs, and two harpsichords. The Master’s University music facilities include the most recent music notation and sequencing software programs. The state-of-the-art recording facility is integrated into the recital hall. This all-digital room is anchored by a 32-fader ICON D-Control work surface and features an industry-standard Avid Pro Tools HDX2 system with a variety of plugins and outboard processing. The studio is used for classes as well as school ensemble projects, allowing audio technology students to put their knowledge to the test in a real-world studio recording context.
- • The Master’s Chorale
- • Wind Ensemble
- • Handbells
- • Chamber Strings
- • University Singers
- • The Master’s University Orchestra
- • Opera Workshop
Other Ensembles include Piano Ensembles, Instrumental Chamber Ensembles including a String Quartet, Brass Quartet and Woodwind Quintet, Guitar Ensemble, Percussion Ensemble, Pep Band, Vocal Jazz Quartet, and Barbershop Quartet.
Music fulfills what nothing else can satisfy. It fosters creativity, confidence, and community responsibility while promoting diligence and multicultural understanding. Music equips the mind and the spirit and produces skills that transfer to all areas of life.Dr. Paul T. Plew, Dean of the School of Music
Next Steps: Applying
Since 1927, the mission of The Master’s University is to empower students for a life of enduring commitment to Christ, biblical fidelity, moral integrity, intellectual growth, and lasting contribution to the Kingdom of God worldwide. School of Music applicants must audition for entrance.
- Required statement of faith and pastoral recommendation
- 3.6 GPA average for new applications
Need Help With a Major?
The office of undergraduate admissions is here to help you with classes, financial aid, transfers, housing, and moreContact a Counselor