Audio Production & Communication
This inter-disciplinary degree requires courses in sound production and electronic communication to prepare students for careers that incorporate sound, film, production, music, etc. in many aspects of the entertainment industry, as well as in churches.
In addition, the school offers a minor in music, which provides grounding in the basics of music and worship, along with individual training and ensemble performance opportunities. Music is so much a part of church life that the music minor is highly recommended to all who are involved in the church in any capacity. It also provides a well-rounded education for any major.
The school provides an acoustically mastered recital hall that is flexible for rehearsals, concerts, and recording sessions, in addition to 15 Wenger sound-proof practice rooms, including some V-rooms with built-in emulation of larger environments. Students have access to 33 pianos, two organs, and two harpsichords. The Master’s University music facilities include the most recent music notation and sequencing software programs. The state-of-the-art recording facility is integrated into the recital hall. This all-digital room is anchored by a 32-fader ICON D-Control work surface and features an industry-standard Avid Pro Tools HDX2 system with a variety of plugins and outboard processing. The studio is used for classes as well as school ensemble projects, allowing audio technology students to put their knowledge to the test in a real-world studio recording context.
• 30 miles from all major studios in Los Angeles: Disney (23 miles), Columbia Pictures (31 miles), 20thCentury Fox (29 miles), Paramount Pictures (27 miles), Universal Pictures (23 miles), MGM (28 miles) and more.
• Cutting-edge content and State-of-the-art equipment. Students are taught ahead of the trends, positioning them to be pioneers and entrepreneurs while still in school and leaders upon graduation. We use Black Magic Design industry-level 4K cameras, sound and light equipment, podcast studio, and more.
Music facilities include a computer lab featuring Macintosh/Roland music workstations, each complemented with the most recent music notation and sequencing software programs. Students have access to the latest in computer-generated composition, digital sequencer recording, and educational technology. The School of Music offers courses in conjunction with the music technology lab that focuses on equipping students with the abilities and experience to utilize the techniques available to the music profession.
The state-of-the-art recording facility is integrated into the recital hall. This all-digital room is anchored by a 32-fader ICON D-Control work surface and features an industry-standard Avid Pro Tools HDX2 system with a variety of plugins and outboard processing. The studio is used for classes as well as school ensemble projects, allowing audio technology students to put their knowledge to the test in a real-world studio recording context.
The Master’s University is accredited by NASM, the National Association of Schools of Music. The School of Music is large enough to provide performance opportunities in state-of-the-art facilities, yet small enough to grant individual attention and a variety of experiences. Our graduating Bachelor of Music students recently scored in the 96th percentile in the 2018 national standardized test (Education Testing Service, Princeton).
- • The Master’s Chorale: 53-member auditioned choir
- • Wind Ensemble: approximately 50 music majors, non-music majors, and community members
- • Chamber Strings: auditioned ensemble of students, faculty, and musicians from the local community
- • The Master’s University Orchestra: The 70 members come from both TMU students and accomplished instrumentalists from the northern Los Angeles area, many of whom are professional musicians
Questions about a potential career? Visit our Student Career Center.
Rooted in an unwavering devotion to Jesus Christ and the inerrant word of God, our world-class faculty and dedicated administration prepare each student’s heart and mind for a life of eternal influence.John MacArthur
Next Steps: Applying
- Required statement of faith and pastoral recommendation
- 3.6 GPA average for new applications
Need Help With a Major?
The office of undergraduate admissions is here to help you with classes, financial aid, transfers, housing, and moreLearn More