Health Services header-img

Health Services

Office Hours

Monday - Friday
9:00 am - 3:00 pm

Closed on school holidays and during Chapel.

Contact Information

The Master's University Health Center
21726 Placerita Canyon Rd, Box #40
Santa Clarita, CA 91321

Phone: 661-362-2655

Fax: 661-362-2663

Welcome to Health Services

The mission of The Master’s University Health Center is to empower students to think Biblically when caring for their physical health.

The Health Center is located on campus in Vider Administrative Services, next to HR, and is open Monday through Friday 9:00am to 3:00pm (excluding holidays). For after-hour care please contact the 24-hour nurse hotline at 1-(800) 634-7629.

The Health Center is not a first responder and is not designed to provide medical treatment beyond basic first aid. Students may come to the Health Center to obtain over-the-counter medications for temporary symptom relief.

For students unfamiliar with the Santa Clarita valley and surrounding areas, below is a list of local hospitals and urgent care facilities. This list is not exhaustive and is not intended to recommend one facility over another. Please check with your health insurance carrier prior to visiting any facility to verify coverage.

Hospitals with Emergency Rooms:

Henry Mayo Hospital 23845 McBean Pkwy, Valencia, Ca. 91355. (661) 200-2000

Providence Holy Cross Medical Center 15031 Rinaldi St. Mission Hills, Ca. 91345. (818) 365-8051

Kaiser Permanente Hospital 13651 Willard Street, Panorama City, Ca. 91402. (818) 375-2000

Urgent Care Facilities:

Henry Mayo Urgent Care Center 23929 McBean Pkwy Suit 102, Valencia, Ca. 91355. (661)200-2500

Excer Urgent Care 25548 The Old Road #U1, Stevenson Ranch, Ca. 91381. (661) 556-9020

Health Forms & Due Dates

In order to fulfill our responsibilities, the Student Health Center must receive the New Student Health Record and a copy of Immunizations from the student 30 days before the first day of school.

August 1: Fall Semester

December 31: Spring Semester

Use your TMU People ID (i.e.: P000123456, include the “P” followed by 9 digits), enter it here, and click “Next” to have your Total Enrollment forms link sent to your email. Your People ID can be found in your student portal and on your student ID card.

If you have difficulty with any of these options, we can email or text you your custom link. Just contact us anytime at and write “Requesting my Total Enrollment Forms link”.

Additional Forms for Intercollegiate Student-Athletes

Student-Athletes Form

Fees: There is no charge for Health Center services

We care deeply about the health of our students, faculty, and staff. In light of the COVID-19 situations, The Master’s University has established an Infectious Disease Task Force to oversee campus-wide readiness and preventative measures. Our goal is to keep our campus community informed about any developments and to encourage best practices for prevention.

  • Financial support for new and continuing students:
  • HEERF Reporting
  • Vaccine information may be found in the tab below labeled “immunizations”.
  • Immunizations

    Immunizations The California Department of Public Health requires all students who are enrolled in college to submit proof of immunizations. This documentation must be submitted to the Health Center 30 days prior to the start of classes. The documentation must include the month and year that each vaccine was given. Please provide the Health Center with proof of your immunization records. If you waive your responsibility to some, you are still required to submit records for any immunizations you have not waived.

    Required Vaccinations

    • 2 doses of Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR), or a blood test verifying immunity to MMR. Provide a copy of blood test results if you choose the second option.

    • 3 Hepatitis B

    • 2 doses of Varicella (chickenpox)

    • 1 dose of Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (TDaP) in the last 10 years

    • Tuberculosis PPD/Skin Test, or blood test within the last year. If the student’s result is positive they will need to have a chest x-ray with documentation of clearance before admittance. The PPD skin test takes three days to complete so plan accordingly. We are currently offering a TB/Tuberculosis screenings inserted in the New Student Health Forms. The questions will determine if the student is required to show a current TB/Tuberculosis test result.

    Other Vaccinations

    • COVID-19 vaccination is not required.

    • An annual flu vaccine is recommended.

    • The meningococcal vaccine is recommended. Please check the date of your last meningitis vaccine it must be on or after the 16th birthday. If the student had the first dose before their 16th birthday, they must get another vaccine for full coverage.

    Health Forms & Immunizations Due Dates

    Fall Semester August 1

    Spring Semester December 31

    Immunization Waivers (optional)

    See information about immunization waivers and other forms here

  • Insurance Info

    Insurance Requirements

    All registered traditional undergraduate students at The Master’s University are required to have adequate medical insurance coverage. Therefore, all students are automatically enrolled in TMU-sponsored health insurance provided by JCB Insurance Solutions, underwritten by Guardian Life.

    TMU Student Health Insurance Plan

    • All students must create an account Login and print Id Cards Here

    • The cost of health insurance coverage purchased through TMU will automatically appear on your tuition statement.

    • Billing questions should be directed to Student Accounts at (661) 362-2212. There is a medical insurance waiver that is embedded in the Pre-Registration process. Please modify as needed at the Pre-Registration site.

    • Dependent coverage (spouse, or child) questions should be directed to JCB Insurance Solutions (661) 320-3036.

    Click the Booklet link below for coverage, and plan details.

    TMU Medical Booklet

  • Meningitis Info

    What is meningococcal disease?

    Meningococcal disease is a serious illness caused by Neisseria meningitis bacteria. It manifests most commonly as meningitis, an infection of the fluid and membranes of the spinal cord and brain, which can cause brain damage, disability and death if left untreated. Septicemia, an infection of the bloodstream, can also be caused by meningococcal bacteria. Meningitis sometimes results from a viral infection as well.

    Anyone can get meningococcal disease. It is most common in infants less than one year of age and people 16-21 years. College freshmen living in dorms are at an increased risk. About 100 cases occur on college campuses in the U.S. each year, with 5-15 deaths.

    Common symptoms of meningitis include stiff neck, headache, fever, sensitivity to light, sleepiness, confusion and seizures.

    How is it treated?

    It can be treated with antibiotics, but treatment must be started early. Despite treatment, 10-15% of meningitis cases are fatal. Another 10-20% cause long-term consequences.

    A meningococcal vaccine is available from your doctor or travel health clinic. It protects against four of the five most common types of meningitis. Vaccine protection lasts 3-5 years and can prevent 50%-70% of cases on college campuses.

    The meningococcal vaccine may cause reactions such as pain or fever. Discuss contraindications and rare but serious side effects with your healthcare provider.

    How common is meningococcal disease?

    Meningococcal disease is uncommon. In the United States, there are about 2,500 cases (1-2 cases for every 100,000 people) each year, including 300 to 400 in California. Of 14 million students enrolled in colleges nationwide, approximately 100 are infected with the disease each year.

    How is it diagnosed?

    A diagnosis is commonly made by growing the bacteria from spinal fluid or blood. Identifying the bacteria is important for selecting the best antibiotics.

    Are college students at an increased risk?

    Overall, undergraduate students have a lower risk than the non-student population (1.4 cases per 100,000 people per year). However, college freshmen living in dormitories have a modestly increased rate (4.6 cases per 100,000 people per year). Reasons for this increase are not fully understood but probably relate to students living in close proximity to one another.

    How are meningococcal bacteria spread?

    The bacteria are transmitted through close person-to-person contact, in secretions from the nose and throat. They are not spread by casual contact or by simply breathing the air near an infected person. The bacteria can live outside the body for only a few minutes; so if the germs contaminate a desk or book, they soon die and won’t infect a person who touches it later.

    As many as 2 in 10 people carry the bacteria in the back of the nose and throat at any given time, especially in winter. Why only a very small number of those who have the bacteria in their nose and throat develop the disease, while others remain healthy, is not understood.

    How can I avoid getting meningococcal disease?

    You can protect yourself by maintaining good health and hygiene. As a general recommendation, you should wash your hands frequently. Avoid sharing materials that make mouth contact, such as eating utensils, bottles, cigarettes or lip balm. Contact a healthcare provider immediately if you are in close contact with someone who is known or suspected to have a meningococcal infection.

    In 2005, the American College Health Association and Centers for Disease Control both issued a new recommendation to parents, students and the campus community. This recommendation states that all first year students living in residence halls should be immunized against meningococcal disease. Other college students under the age of 25 who wish to reduce the risk of infection may choose to be vaccinated. The CDC also recommends meningococcal vaccination for adolescents entering high school and pre-adolescents, 11-12 years of age. This was recommended after the new conjugate vaccine was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

    For more information:

Request Info