Grad/Special Programs header-img

Grad/Special Programs

Master of Arts Financial Aid

Master of Biblical Counseling and Master of Biblical Studies


Application Process for Students Receiving Loans

1. Complete a Master of Arts Financial Aid Application.

2. Fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) listing The Master's University & Seminary as your preferred school choice (Title IV school code: 001220).

3. Submit any additional documents required by the Office of Financial Aid.

4. Submit official transcripts to the Registrar's office. Any student receiving graduate level loans must have an undergraduate degree conferred.

5. Once your aid is determined, you will be sent an Award Letter.

6. Return completed Award Letter to the Office of Financial Aid.

7. Students receiving loans at The Master's University for the first time will need to complete the Loan Agreement (MPN) and complete Entrance Counseling before their loan is finalized.


Types of Aid Available

Unsubsidized Stafford Loans

Unsubsidized Stafford Loans are student loans that may exceed demonstrated financial need, but may not exceed the cost of tuition.

  • Students must be enrolled at least 1/2 time (4 units) to receive Stafford loans.
  • Annual Limit: Up to $20,500
  • Interest Rate: 6.08% fixed
  • Repayment: six months after the student drops below 1/2 time or graduates
  Loan eligibility varies from student to student. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid to determine individual eligibility.


Scholarships: (Only available for MABC)

The Master's University strives to offer a Christ-centered education within financial reach for students preparing for ministry vocation. Great care, therefore, is given to keeping tuition expenses at a minimum. While the present tuition cost represents this effort, the University is enabled to offer limited scholarships and grants through the financial assistance of faithful Christian friends, churches, and alumni who  provide support through generous gifts and prayer. With the establishment of scholarships and direct gifts, hundreds of students have been trained and prepared for specific fields of work and service. Students who desire to be considered for scholarships and grants should first complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at using school code 001220, a Graduate Financial Aid Application, a Graduate Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy form. [An additional application]( form must be sent to the Graduate Studies director each term to be considered for institutional scholarships. 


  • The Ministry Scholarship

Designed to encourage Christian organizations (local churches, Christian schools, missions organization, etc.) whose ministries are consistent with the mission of the Master's University to provide corporate scholarship support for students attending the M.A. in Biblical Counseling program with strong ministry potential. This scholarship is not intended to match wages, internship moneys, or gifts from individuals for specific students. Awards to students are based on ministry potential, while also considering areas of financial need, and academic achievement. Students are expected to be enrolled full-time each semester to qualify for the scholarship. The scholarship will not exceed 50% of the student's tuition costs for any given term.


  • The MABC Scholarship

Awarded to MABC students in their second and third year of the program and based on ministry potential, financial need, and academic achievement. Students are expected to be enrolled full-time each term. The scholarship will not exceed 50% of the student's tuition costs for any given term.



Scholarship Contact Information

All scholarships are administered by the MABC Department. For more information on scholarships, please contact Jeff Miller at 661.362.2644 or


Downloadable Documents




Contact Information:

Office of Financial Aid
Graduate and Special Programs
(661)362-2290 />Fax: 661-362-2693

Address and Hours
21276 Placerita Canyon Rd, Box 38
Office Hours: M-F 8:30am - 5:00pm











Teaching Credential Financial Aid


Welcome to the Teaching Credential Financial Aid website! For additional questions, please contact your financial aid counselor, Gilbert Figueroa. (contact information below)

Credential Fast Facts
2018-2019 Academic Year
Total Units 30
Program Length 1 year
Cost Per Unit $595
Total Tuition Cost $17,850


Application Process

The financial aid application process for the Teaching Credential Program is much the same as that of the General Undergraduate Program. The following items are required:

  1. FAFSA (Be sure to list yourself as a 5th Year-other Undergrad).
  2. Financial Aid Application 
  3. Teaching Credential Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
  4. Any additional documents requested by the Financial Aid Office

Available Aid

Students in the Teaching Credential program can qualify for most federal and institutional aid.

  • Academic Scholarships
  • Pell Grant
  • Cal Grant (current recipients only)
  • Teacher Ed Departmental Scholarships
  • Stafford Loans
Academic Scholarship Levels
Scholarship GPA Amount
Distinguished 3.75 $5,000
Honors 3.50 $3,000


Cal Grant

Cal Grant recipients can request a one-year extension of their Cal Grant to cover their credentialing expenses. Students who are not currently receiving Cal Grant are not eligible.

Loan Forgiveness Programs

There are a number of loan forgiveness programs available to those going into the teaching profession.
Federal Program Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program - FFEL and Direct Loan Programs
Apply after five (5) consecutive, complete years of full-time teaching

Under the Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program, if you teach full-time for five complete and consecutive academic years in a low-income school or educational service agency, and meet other qualifications, you may be eligible for forgiveness of up to $17,500 on your Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans and your Subsidized and Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans.



Gilbert Figueroa, Financial Aid Counselor

(661) 362-2291

Please contact the Teacher Education Department for specific information on other institutional scholarships.


Request Info