Bridging The GAP
The Founders’ Fund provides scholarship assistance for new, transfer, and continuing TMU students. Funds are specially designated for those who have been admitted into the University but are unable to enroll due to a funding “gap” between the student’s financial package and what their family can afford.
These scholarship funds seek to impact the nations for Jesus Christ by enabling students who have been affirmed as worthy candidates for admittance into TMU, including affirmation from home church leaders and educators and have demonstrated faithfulness to Christ and learning.
How Founders’ Fund Scholarships Are Awarded
- Donors give to the Founders’ Fund knowing that their gifts will help students whose ability to afford TMU is out of reach.
- Potential scholarship recipients are prequalified through the admissions process and their history of academic success.
- Those who have a funding gap must submit the Founders' Scholarship Application to the executive committee.
- The executive committee evaluates students based on their faithfulness to Christ and learning, affirmation from church leaders and educators, and financial need.
- The committee awards scholarships toward the funding gap with preference to those who demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- The scholarship aid may be used to offset the cost of tuition, room and board, books, fees, and other expenses that otherwise qualify as educational expenses under U.S. government loan programs.
Fall 2020 By The Numbers110 + Students Impacted
$350,000 + Amount Given to Students
Hear students share in their own words about the Lord’s work in their lives through TMU and how they have been blessed by the generosity of others through financial scholarships: Student Impact