PLANING & PROCESS
Conference Services Team
When you contact The Master’s University about hosting an event on our campus, you will be connected with a member of our Conference Services Team who will assist you throughout the planning process. They will be your main contact at TMU for the duration of your planning process and on-campus event.
Our team will assist you through the steps of booking an event at TMU, and is always willing to answer questions. Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 661.362.2610 during our office hours (8:30am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday). For your convenience, the event process is available in a condensed infographic format (attach infographic link).
Each group must have a single person designated as their contact during the event planning process and to serve as the primary leader for the duration of the event on campus. During the reservation process of event planning, this person will be responsible to inform the Conference Services Team of any details of the event, and will act as a liaison between the group and The Master’s University.
When a group is on campus, their designated contact person is responsible to inform event attendees of the policies of TMU and oversee that all event attendees adhere to the policies of The Master’s University in addition to all local, state, and federal laws.
*add proposal button*
To begin the reservation process, please submit a Proposal Request Form. Once this is received by the Conference Services Team, we will respond to you shortly with a customized proposal package for your upcoming event with initial information regarding room availability, pricing, and requirements.
After you receive your proposal package, we will require the following items to be reviewed and returned to us before we can confirm your booking.
· Facilities Use Contract: a multi-page explanation of TMU’s expectations for groups as well as the services we provide. Each page must be read and initialed, and your signature is required at the end to reserve any space on campus.
· Insurance Policy: a group liability policy with a statement naming TMU as additionally insured for the dates of your event.
· Initial Deposit: a non-refundable payment required to hold your booking in the amount of 25% of your total charges for the event.
When these initial required items are received by the Conference Services Team, your event will be confirmed, which means that your event will be scheduled on our calendar for the year. The next step will be to complete our Event Details Questionnaire, which will provide our Team with more information about the logistics of your event.
About a month from your event, you will have more contact with our team as we work to finalize the details of your event and coordinate with our departments. If your group is using the dorms, you will need to select the dorm rooms that your group will has reserved based on your attendance numbers. Also at this point, you will receive from us maps, waivers (if your group is using the athletic field, pool, or fitness center), and parking permits to distribute to your guests.
As your event approaches the two-week out mark, you will need submit all final event details to Conference Services. This includes set-up needs, meals, reservation times, attendance numbers, and arrival and departure times. We will require the following:
· Summary of Bookings: a document we provide that functions as a detailed timeline of your reservations that you must verify, sign, and submit to our department.
· Group and Individual Waivers: liability waivers required if your group is using the athletic field, pool, or fitness center that each guest in the group must sign, as well as the group organization.
· Final Payment: the remaining balance of your event charges.
When you arrive on campus, a member of our Conference Services Team will greet you to discuss last-minute details and procedures, and will conduct a walk-through of the reserved spaces with you.
Upon departure, you will check out with a member of our team, or with our Campus Safety Department as specified on your Summary of Bookings. This will include turning in keys and dorm liability release forms (if applicable).
*A condensed version of this timeline can be found here