93rd Annual Commencement Exercises
Saturday, August 29th 2020 at 8:00 am
Please note that this event is open only to those who are graduating, their ticketed guests, and TMU Administration, faculty and staff (with RSVP).
Speakers:TMU President Dr. Sam Horn and TMU Chancellor Emeritus Dr. John MacArthur will speak at this year’s event.
Featured Graduates: Online Degree Program, Degree Completion Program, Master of Arts in Biblical Counseling, Master of Arts in Biblical Studies, Master of Business Administration, Master of Education, Undergraduate Program.
Grace Baptist Church Amphitheater
22833 Copper Hill Dr.
Santa Clarita, CA 91350
- Commencement exercises will be held in the outdoor Amphitheater.
- Parking: Please park in lot 6.
Graduation Day Events
Graduation Practice (mandatory for all graduates)keyboard_arrow_down
August 28th, 9:00am, TMU MacArthur Center. All graduates planning to walk in the ceremony must attend practice in the TMU MacArthur Center (Gym).
Please dress appropriately for walking across a stage. For the commencement ceremony on Aug 29, students will be arranged in one line starting with all MA/MBA/ME (A-Z), followed by all bachelor (A-Z).
To limit crowd size for graduation practice, the line will be split into 3 groups with 3 meeting times:
- 9:00AM All MA/MBA/ME and Bachelor A-B
- 9:45AM Bachelor C – L
- 10:30AM Bachelor M-Z
Students will line up, in order, along the perimeter of the gym (or outside, if necessary), then practice walking across the stage. Your attendance will also confirm your place in line for commencement.
August 29th, 7:30am SHARP!
You will line up at 7:30AM in parking lot 8 at Grace Baptist. Students should keep 6 feet of space between themselves and other students. Signage and staff will direct students to the lineup.
Guest Seating: Each student is allowed 2 guests and will be given 2 tickets. Tickets are required. Seating opens at 7:00AM. Seating will be arranged in groups of 3, to allow the student to join their 2 guests after walking across the stage. The ceremony begins at 8:00AM and will be over around 9:30AM.
Handicapped & Disabled Seating: Special seating can be arranged by request. Please contact email@example.com.
- Health Check: Students and guests should not attend if they are sick or have been around someone who is sick. Please review TMU’s COVID-19 policies on the TMU website. Please let us know if you will not attend.
- Social Distancing: Students/Guests should keep six feet of space from other students/guests whenever possible. Avoid shaking hands or hugging.
- Face Coverings: Cloth face coverings must be worn if you are within six feet of another person. Extra masks will be available.
- Disinfecting: Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Guest Seating: Students are allowed 2 guests. Seats will be pre-arranged in groups of 3, spaced from other groups, for students to join their guests after walking across the stage. There will be no overflow seating. Please refer everyone else to the livestream.
- Grace Baptist Campus Protocols to be aware of: We will follow GBC protocols. Please visit gracebaptist.org for more information.
- Please use and follow designated entry and exits, respect vehicle and foot traffic flow signage.
- Drinking fountains will be off. Small water bottles will be provided to students and guests.
- Restroom capacity may be limited to accommodate distancing.
- All accessible doors will be propped open to avoid contact with handles.
More info at masters.edu/coronavirus