94th Annual Commencement Exercises
Friday, May 7, 2021, at 7:00 PM
Please note that this event is open only to those who are graduating, their ticketed guests, and TMU Administration, faculty and staff (with RSVP).
Speakers: Interim President Dr. Abner Chou and TMU Chancellor Emeritus Dr. John MacArthur will speak at this year’s event.
Featured Graduates: Master of Arts in Biblical Counseling, Master of Arts in Biblical Studies, Master of Business Administration, Master of Education, Online Degree Program, Undergraduate Program.
LocationThe Master's University
21726 Placerita Canyon Rd.
Santa Clarita, CA 91321
Graduation Day Events
Commencement Meeting - Mandatory - April 20thkeyboard_arrow_down
Tuesday, April 20th, 3:30pm. Location: MRH
All graduates planning to walk in the commencement ceremony must attend this meeting. Those who have completed their graduation contracts will receive their cap and gown, along with a parking pass and guest tickets. Contact the Registrar’s Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are uncertain if you have finalized your grad contract. If you are not a current student or are not local, you are not required to attend and may pick up your items in the Registrar’s Office between April 21st-May 6th.
Alumni After Party - April 20thkeyboard_arrow_down
Tuesday, April 20th, after Commencement Meeting. Location: MRH
All graduates are invited to a special dinner provided by the Alumni Office. Keep an eye on your email for details and RSVP info.
Cap & Gown Portraits - April 20thkeyboard_arrow_down
Tuesday, April 20th, 1:30PM-6:30PM. Location: TMU (TBA)
Take your official graduation portrait with cap & gown or in business attire. By appointment only. Appointments may be made here.
Commencement Practice - Mandatory for all graduates - May 7thkeyboard_arrow_down
Friday, May 7, at 9:00 AM, MacArthur Center (Gym)
All graduates planning to walk in the ceremony must attend this practice. Please dress appropriately for walking across a stage and a field. For the commencement ceremony on May 7 students will be arranged in line according to schools of study, then by degree level, then alphabetically. Students will line up, in order, in the gym, then practice walking to the field and across the stage. Your attendance will also confirm your place in line for commencement. Coffee from Trophy Coffee will be provided beginning at 8:45 AM.
Commencement Dinner - May 7thkeyboard_arrow_down
Friday, May 7, 2021, at 4:00 - 5:30 PM. Location: Dixon Fireplace Area
Join graduates and faculty one last time for light refreshments in the newly renovated Dixon Fireplace Area.
Department Photos - May 7thkeyboard_arrow_down
Friday, May 7, 2021, at 4:00 - 6:00 PM. Location: Swixon Lawn
Faculty and graduates will take a group photo on Swixon Lawn at the designated time listed below. Join dinner at the Dixon Fireplace Area nearby before or after photos.
4:00pm Marketing Media
4:10pm Business Administration
4:20pm Online (Bus. Mgmt. & Org. Mgmt.)
4:25pm Online (Bib. Studies, Bib. Couns., & Chris. Min.)
4:30pm MABS (Biblical Studies)
4:35pm MABC (Biblical Counseling)
4:40pm Biblical Studies
4:45pm Master of Education
4:50pm Liberal Studies & Teacher Ed
4:55pm Kinesiology & Physical Education
5:00pm Computer & Information Sciences
5:20pm Classical Liberal Arts
5:30pm Political Studies
Line-Up for Commencement - May 7thkeyboard_arrow_down
Friday, May 7, 2021, at 6:30 PM SHARP!
You will need to be in your line-up position by 6:30 PM in the MacArthur Center Gym. Students should keep 6 feet of space between themselves and other students. Signage and staff will direct students to the lineup.
Commencement Ceremony - May 7thkeyboard_arrow_down
Friday, May 7, 2021, at 7:00 PM. Location: TMU Athletic Field
Parking: Each graduate will receive one parking pass for one vehicle for their guests. The passes and parking lots will be color-coded, so vehicles will park in their assigned color. Shuttles will start running at 5:45 pm.
Guest Seating: Each graduate is allowed 4 guests. Tickets are REQUIRED. Seating opens at 6:00 PM. Students will be seated with their schools of study in front of the stage. Guest seating will now be open seating on the field. The ceremony begins at 7:00 PM.
Handicapped & Disabled Seating: Special seating can be arranged by request. Please contact email@example.com.
HEALTH PRECAUTIONS: visit masters.edu/coronavirus.
- Health Check: Students and guests should not attend if they are sick or have been around someone who is sick. Please review TMU’s COVID-19 policies on the TMU website. Please let us know if you will not attend.
- Social Distancing: Students/Guests should keep six feet of space from other students/guests whenever possible. Avoid shaking hands or hugging.
- Face Coverings: Cloth face coverings must be worn if you are within six feet of another person. Extra masks will be available.
- Disinfecting: Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Guest Seating: Students are allowed 4 guests. Seats will be pre-arranged in groups of 5, spaced from other groups, for students to join their guests after walking across the stage. There will be no overflow seating. Please refer everyone else to the livestream.
- Health Check: Students and guests should not attend if they are sick or have been around someone who is sick. Please review TMU’s COVID-19 policies on the TMU website.
- Social Distancing: Seating will be arranged to allow for social distancing.
- Face Coverings: Face coverings will be made available for guests as needed.
- Disinfecting: Campus will be cleaned and sanitized prior to the graduation ceremony and hand sanitizer will be made available as needed.
- Parking at TMU: Parking for graduation is assigned. Each graduate gets one parking pass for themselves and one for their guests. Please be sure to show the parking pass to enter the appropriate color-coded parking lot, then place the parking pass on the dashboard. Green or Purple = Graduate parking Navy or Red = Guest parking Gold = Handicap Shuttles will be available at select areas to assist those who cannot walk to graduation site.
More info at masters.edu/coronavirus