Previous Page  49 / 220 Next Page
Show Menu
Previous Page 49 / 220 Next Page
Page Background



TMU grants credit for college-level coursework from other colleges and universities based on the following criteria:


The student must have good standing at the institutions previously attended. Students who have been

dismissed or suspended from another college for disciplinary reasons must request that a letter be sent by the

dean of the college involved, detailing the reasons for such dismissal.


No courses will be transferred in which the grade earned was less than C (2.0). Credit will be given for

accepted courses that will apply to the student’s course of study at The Master’s University.


No more than 70 units of credit will be accepted from a community college. Courses for which bachelor’s

degree credit is allowed must be university transfer level.


No more than 94 units from other accredited institutions may apply toward fulfillment of degree

requirements at The Master’s University. Transfer students must take at least 12 semester units of upper

division work in their major at TMU.


Students who are transferring from an accredited institution and who have completed a lower division course

which had content comparable to an upper division course at The Master’s University may:

choose to retake the course at TMU to earn upper division credit for the course, or

choose to pass a competency exam to verify that the lower division course was comparable in rigor

to the upper division course at TMU. Passing the competency exam entitles the student to enroll in

another upper division course to earn sufficient upper division credits.


Transfer credit may be granted to students from unaccredited schools of collegiate rank upon approval of the

Vice President for Academic Affairs or the Registrar.


The Master’s University will grant credit for transferable college coursework taken before high school

graduation if taken from an accredited college. Official transcripts must be submitted and all other transfer

requirements met.


The maximum number of transfer credits that will be awarded for various types of “nontraditional” college

coursework from accredited institutions are as follows:

32 units

of Advanced Placement (maximum of 32 units), College Level Examination Program

(maximum of 18 units), and credit by TMU assessment (maximum of 12 units).

45 units

of transfer credit from military transcript with a maximum of 30 units applicable toward

meeting TMU general education requirements.

36 units

of non-traditional coursework (Directed Studies courses, correspondence courses,

computer- and WWW-based distributed education courses, or Video/ITV-based courses) may be

applied toward meeting TMU general education requirements.


The maximum number of credits for life experience assessment is 24 units.

Business Department Course Transfer Policy

The Master’s University Department of Business Administration seeks to insure the quality of its curriculum as

reflected in its graduates. One way this quality is safeguarded is through limiting the coursework that may be

transferred into the program. For more information, see the Department of Business Administration section in this


Credit by Examination

The Master’s University, as a member of the College Entrance Examination Board, recognizes the merits of the

Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), the International Baccalaureate (IB), and

Dantes Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) and will grant credit for passing scores in certain tests offered through

these programs. A student may earn a maximum of 32 semester units of transfer credit across the combination of AP

exams (maximum of 32 units), IB HL exams (maximum of 32 units), CLEP exams (maximum of 18 units), and DSST

(maximum of 18 units). If a student takes a college course for which he or she has already received AP or CLEP

credit, then he or she forfeits that transfer credit.