Previous Page  32 / 220 Next Page
Show Menu
Previous Page 32 / 220 Next Page
Page Background


Curricula vary from one home-schooling program to another. Applicants should provide a written explanation of the

curriculum used and the educator’s teaching methods. The following information should be included with the

applicant’s transcript:

Who is ultimately responsible for setting up curriculum and selecting materials?

What type of curriculum and materials did the educator(s) use?

Who was responsible for providing instruction?

Were tutors used in some areas and not in others?

Who recorded grades and how?

What type of independent, standardized testing was used to measure the student’s progress against a larger



Some home-schooled applicants may finish their high school education at an accelerated pace and be ready to attend

The Master’s University at an earlier age than their public or private high school counterparts. The University retains

the right to defer an applicant’s entrance until such a time as it deems appropriate.

Transfer Applicants

An individual will be classified as a transfer student if he/she has completed 24 or more semester units

(36 or more quarter units) of transferable college coursework at the time of application to TMU. College-level units

earned prior to high school graduation (including dual enrollment units and credit-by-examination) are not counted

toward this total. Students desiring to transfer must file an application for admission and submit official copies of all

college transcripts regardless of their intent to receive credit. Students desiring to transfer from Christian colleges should

also provide a completed Christian College Transfer Recommendation Form (available at


Students who wish to transfer to TMU from another college or university, but will not have completed 24 post-high

school semester units (36 quarter units) at the time of application, will be considered freshman with prior college credit.

This will not affect such students’ eligibility for admission; however, it will require them to submit their official high

school transcript containing their high school GPA, along with ACT or SAT test scores.

College transcripts from other institutions are evaluated and credit is awarded prior to the student’s first semester at

The Master’s University. For financial aid and degree planning purposes, this evaluation is made available to both the

student and the academic advisor. Any additional transcripts received after the semester has begun will be evaluated

immediately and credit awarded within four weeks of their receipt by the Registrar’s Office.

Requirements for International Students in Undergraduate and Graduate Level Programs

Since 1949 The Master’s University has been authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.

Students from abroad are welcome, provided they meet the admission requirements of the University. International

students are urged to contact the International Admissions Counselor or view the University’s website to obtain the

appropriate application forms. The following are requirements for both The Master’s University and U.S. Immigration:


International students must submit transcripts reflecting the completion of high school education or the

equivalent of it for the undergraduate programs. Graduate level programs require completion of a bachelor’s

degree or the equivalent. All transcripts must be translated into English and must be official copies.


All applicants to The Master’s University must submit an acceptable standardized test score. If the student’s

first language is English, he or she may submit the SAT I (school code 4411) or ACT (school code 0303). Non-

native speakers of English should submit a score from either the TOEFL (school code 4411) or the IELTS.