Table of Contents Table of Contents
Previous Page  47 / 208 Next Page
Show Menu
Previous Page 47 / 208 Next Page
Page Background

Academic Information



Withdraw (W)


Withdrawal from a course from

the third week of classes through the twelfth week.

After the thirteenth week a student may not withdraw

and is awarded the grade earned.


TMC grants credit for college level course work

from other colleges and universities based on the

following criteria:

1. The student must have good standing at the

institutions previously attended. Students who

have been dismissed or suspended from another

college for disciplinary reasons must request

that a letter be sent by the dean of the college

involved, detailing the reasons for such dismissal.

2. No courses will be transferred in which the grade

earned was less than C (2.0). Credit will be given

for accepted courses which will apply toward the

student’s course of study at The Master’s College.

3. No more than 70 units of credit will be accepted

from a community college. Courses for which

credit is allowed toward the bachelor’s degree

must be university transfer level.

4. No more than 94 units from other accredited

institutions may apply toward fulfillment of

degree requirements at The Master’s College.

Transfer students must take at least 12 semester

units of upper division work in their major at


5. Students who are transferring from an accredited

institution and who have completed a lower

division course which had content comparable to

an upper division course at The Master’s College

may: (a) choose to retake the course at TMC to

earn upper division credit for the course; or (b)

choose to pass a competency exam to verify that

the lower division course was comparable in rigor

to the upper division course at TMC. Passing the

competency exam entitles the student to enroll in

another upper division course to earn sufficient

upper division credits.

6. Transfer credit may be granted to students from

unaccredited schools of collegiate rank upon

approval of the Vice President of Academic

Affairs or the Registrar.

7. The Master’s College will grant credit for

transferable college coursework taken before

high school graduation if taken from an

accredited college. Official transcripts must be

submitted and all other transfer requirements


8. The maximum number of transfer credits

which will be awarded for various types of “non

traditional” college course work from accredited

institutions are as follows:

32 units

of Advanced Placement (maximum

of 32 units), College Level Examination

Program (maximum of 18 units), and credit

by TMC assessment (maximum of 12 units).


45 units

of transfer credit from military

transcript with a maximum of 30 units

applicable toward meeting TMC general

education requirements.

36 units

of non-traditional course work.

Directed Studies courses, correspondence

courses, computer- and WWW-based

distributed education courses or Video/ITV

based courses may be applied towardmeeting

TMC general education requirements.

Credit Limits for Non-Traditional TMC


The maximum number of semester units from non-

traditional format TMC courses that a student may

count toward a degree program is as follows:

13 units of TMC Directed Studies courses.

24 units of intensive format TMC courses

(Post-session, Winterim, or GE school).

24 units of credit for life experience assessment

Credit by Examination

The Master’s College, as a member of the College

Entrance Examination Board, recognizes the merits

of the Advanced Placement (AP), College Level

Examination Program (CLEP), the International

Baccalaureate (IB), Dantes Subject Standardized

Tests (DSST) and will grant credit for passing scores

in certain tests offered through these programs. A

student may earn a maximum of 32 semester units of

transfer credit across the combination of AP exams