Work Study Students
How work study works
- Work study is awarded through the Office of Financial Aid. At the beginning of the semester, 80% of your Work Study award is applied to your student billing account (for example, if your fall award is $1,250 then $1000 was applied). Throughout the semester, you "work off" the amount applied to your student account. If you do not earn the 80% of work study funds applied to your Student Account, you will be responsible to pay the un-earned funds back to the college. You also have potential to earn all 100% of your Work Study award.
- As a Work Study recipient, it is your responsibility to secure a job and earn the amount applied to your Student Account.
- Average Hours per Week:
$5,000 Award = 18-20 hours/week
$2,500 Award = 8-10 hours/week
Apply for work study positions
- Every student who has been awarded Work Study through the Office of Financial Aid must complete an online, Work Study application for our office to provide to on and off campus employers in preparation of the Work Study Job Fair in August. Please be sure to include an email address you check regularly, as this will be our primary method of communicating with you!
- Awarded Work Study student employees can complete the online Work Study Application here. You will need your MasterNet login and password to access the Application tool.
- We strongly encourage you to complete and submit your Work Study Application by July 19, 2013; by doing so you will be included in the first batch of student application available for consideration.
Search the work study job board
- Students with Work Study Awards can view the Work Study Job Board through their Content Management account starting July 22, 2013. We will contact you with information on how to search the Work Study Job Board; at that point, you are welcome to contact supervisors, gather data, and set up preliminary interviews for the Work Study Job Fair.
- NOTE: The Work Study Job Board is DIFFERENT than the regular TMC Job Board which is available to the public.
- New Student Employment Orientation is held during WOW. At orientation, we will review everything you will need to know about student employment at TMC, including employment paperwork and deadlines, timekeeping, and how to prepare for the Job Fair.
Attend a job fair
- Meet employers, interview and get hired all in the same day! New hiring decisions cannot be finalized until this time.
Date: Friday, August 23rd, 2013
Time: 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Location: Music Recital Hall on North Campus
Complete your paperwork
- We cannot allow you to begin working until you have completed your employment paperwork.
- All required forms are available for completion in our office!