The add/drop period (the first two weeks of each semester) allows students to make changes to their class schedules. We strongly recommend that students work with their academic advisor to ensure that they are on track to meet their degree requirements.

Classes may be added during the first two weeks of each semester. Between the 3rd and 13th weeks of each semester, students may withdraw from classes without a grade penalty by completing an add/drop form and submitting it to the Registrar's Office to make the changes. The student will receive a W (withdrawal) grade in that course. A student who never attends (or stops attending) a course for which he is officially registered without following the accepted procedures will be awarded the grade earned in that course.

Complete Withdrawal from The Master's College

A student who, for any reason, finds it necessary to withdraw from the college during the course of the semester must do so through the Registrar's Office. The student must complete the Complete Withdrawal form. Failure to comply with these regulations will result in failing grades entered on the student's record. Any refund due the student is according to the refund policy available in the Student Accounts Center.

Repeated Courses

A student will be permitted to repeat a course in which either a D or an F grade was earned. Only courses (re)taken at The Master's College will be used to change course grades. When a course is repeated where a student has received a D or F grade, the better grade is the only one used in computing the cumulative GPA, and the units are counted only once. Both grades are shown on the student's permanent record.

Grade Changes

It is the student's responsibility to immediately bring any error in grades to the attention of the instructor. Grade changes are made at the discretion of the instructor and will be posted to the student's permanent record when the instructor completes a Grade Change Form and returns it to the Registrar's Office.

Non-Term Courses

Non-term courses are identified as those not taken during the fall or spring semesters. Non-term at The Master's College is considered as winterim and post-session.

Winterim takes place during the second week of January. Course registration for winterim takes place simultaneously with spring course registration and extends until the first day of the winterim class. Tuition and fees are included on the student's spring bill. A student may take no more than three total units during winterim.

Post-session takes place during two time periods: 1) the final three weeks of May and 2) the first three weeks of June. Course registration for post-session begins during spring course registration and extends until the first day of the post-session class. Tuition and fees must be paid before the first day of class. A student may take no more than six units during each post-session.

Directed Studies

A course which does not meet as a regularly scheduled class is defined as a Directed Studies course. A Directed Studies Contract may be obtained in and, once completed, should be submitted to, the Registrar's Office. With the instructor's and department chair's agreement, a student may enroll for a Directed Studies course at any time during the school year, excluding FINALS WEEK. A student is allowed to take a maximum of 13 semester units of TMC DS coursework during his/her program. A student may be enrolled in no more than two DS courses at any one time. A student may have no more than one DS course still in process during the 3rd week in March to be eligible to participate in the May commencement ceremonies. If the student enrolls at any time during a semester, the course will be added to the student's schedule for that semester, and the cost for that semester will be adjusted as necessary. If the student registers between the fall and spring semester, the course will be added to and posted as part of the student's spring schedule. If the student registers for the course at any time between the spring and fall semesters, the course will be added to either the student's summer or fall term.

If the work is not completed by the deadline (a maximum of 4 months), the Registrar's Office will assign a grade of F to the student for this course. A student may withdraw from a course (and receive a W grade) only during the first 12 weeks after the student has officially enrolled in the course. The Directed Studies course fee is not refundable after two weeks past the official enrollment date.

Awarding of Credit by Examination

The Master's College, as a member of the College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB), recognizes the merits of the Advanced Placement (AP), the College Level Examination Program (CLEP), and the International Baccalaureate (IB), and will grant credit for passing scores in certain tests offered through these programs. A student may earn a maximum of 32 semester units of AP/CLEP/IB exam transfer credit. If a student takes a college course for which he has already received AP/CLEP/IB credit, then he forfeits that transfer credit.

The amount and type of credit awarded for each examination and the minimum passing score has been determined by the various academic departments. A list of acceptable AP/CLEP courses and credit granted for courses is available in the Registrar's Office. If AP/CLEP examinations have been taken, contact the Registrar's Office for information regarding acceptance of CLEP scores.

Note: The Master's College has been designated as a national testing facility for the CLEP examination. For testing information, click here or contact the Center for Career Services at ext. 3002.

Verification of Enrollment

Written verification of enrollment may be requested by a student at any time during the semester. Verification of enrollment may be released to any party: for student loan deferment, good student discounts on auto insurance, health insurance, scholarships, etc. A copy of the verification is kept in the student's file. The Master's College can verify enrollment for current and previous semesters, not for future semesters.

Change of Name/Contact Information

Should you need to update your information for our student records, please forward the pertinent information (preferably in writing) to our office via email or post office.

Scholastic Probation

Any student whose cumulative grade point average falls below 2.00 will be placed on academic probation for one semester. Any student entering on probation is limited to 15 units per semester. They must earn a minimum GPA of 2.00 at the end of the first semester to be removed from probation.

Any student whose cumulative GPA remains below 2.00 for two consecutive semesters will be subject to academic disqualification. A student subject to disqualification may appeal by submitting a letter to the Vice President for Academic Affairs stating why he/she should not be disqualified. The student's request will then be reviewed by the Academic Affairs Council for final decision.

The procedure for readmission of an academically disqualified student includes: (1) a minimum of one semseter of academic suspension, (2) attendance at another accredited institution and achievement of a 2.50 cumulative GPA on a minimum of twelve semester units of transferable coursework with no course grade lower than a "C", and (3) review of the student's application for readmission by the admissions committee.

Any student whose GPA falls below 2.00 may not participate in extracurricular activities such as student government, athletics, music and mission teams.