All registered traditional undergraduate students at The Master’s University and Seminary are required to have adequate medical insurance coverage. Therefore, all students are automatically enrolled in TMU-sponsored health insurance provided by Wells Fargo Insurance Services.
- Students who do not have personal health insurance or coverage through a parent’s insurance must obtain health insurance or purchase the health insurance through The Master's University. The details of this coverage can be found here, or by contacting the Student Health Center.
- The cost of health insurance coverage purchased through TMU will automatically appear on your tuition statement. Any questions concerning billing should be directed to Student Accounts at (661) 362-2237.
- The student health insurance plan Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) document is available Here.
- Dependent Coverage: Students who are enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan may also purchase insurance for their dependents (spouse or children) by contacting Wells Fargo Insurance Services at (800) 853-5899.
- Students who purchase the TMU-sponsored insurance will need to create an online account to receive their medical ID card. UnitedHealthcare will no longer be sending medical ID cards in the mail.
All TMU-sponsored medical insurance holders must create an account. To create an account visit the link below and then select create an account.
TMU medical insurance
Insurance Waiver Option
Students covered under their own insurance or a parent's plan can submit an insurance waiver online. Waivers will be approved if they meet the insurance coverage guidelines. Students must submit a waiver once per academic year. The fall waiver deadline is September 12th. The spring waiver deadline is January 30th (for new students starting in the spring). Click the appropriate link below to get started:
Tips for filling out the waiver
- Once you open the link you will need to enter your current insurance information.
- You will not be able to reenter the waiver to correct any information, therefore have your current insurance information available.
- You can only submit a waiver once for each academic year.
- Waivers will be accepted or denied based on your health plan.
- You will receive an instantaneous response at the end of your submission.
- Please contact Wells Fargo Insurance Services at (800) 853-5899 if you have technical difficulties with the online waiver.
- You must re-submit a waiver each new academic year to avoid being charged for TMU’s insurance plan.
- Once your waiver is approved, email a copy of the front and back side of your insurance ID card to the Health Center to keep on file.