Auditions for YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU
A classic comedy of errors, this play promises fun, entertaining roles for a variety of actors! Set in 1940's New York City, the Sycamore family, filled with aspiring artists, ballerinas, writers, inventors, amateur firework makers and more, seems a bit crazy! Especially when compared to the upper-crust, reliable, respectable Kirby family. But when Tony Kirby falls in love with Alice Sycamore, we start to wonder if perhaps the Sycamores have life figured out more than we think! After all, you can have all the riches in the world, but you can't take it with you!
Tuesday or Wednesday, August 30 & 31
- Time: 7:00pm – 10:00pm
- Location: MC101
- Callbacks - Thursday, September 1 at 8:30pm in MC101
- Read-Through - Saturday, September 3 at 6:30pm in MC101
- NOTE: You can audition either Tuesday or Wednesday night!
- Auditions are open to all traditional TMC Students of all majors/disciplines/years!
- Cast Auditions/Crew Applications: You can audition/apply either night, Tuesday or Wednesday and you can come any time between 7-10. Once you arrive, you will fill out an audition/crew application form and sign up for an audition slot (actors only). Each acting audition will last approx. 10 minutes.
- Acting audition - cold read – chosen by the directors from the script depending on the part you are auditioning for. We do this intentionally to keep everyone on the same page. There will be scripts in the lobby during auditions for those of you who feel that they struggle to read out loud and would like a few minutes to prepare.
- Rehearsals: Mon & Wed 6:30-10:00pm - Approx 4 extra rehearsals will be scheduled on either Tuesday or Thursday nights. All involved in the production (cast and crew) will receive up to 1unit of credit and must enroll for TH300. This is good to have on your transcript!
- TMU Fac/Staff and TMU Online students are welcome to audition with the understanding that if a current traditional student is as capable of playing the part, they will always take precedence. Email directors for special Fac/Staff/Online Audition slot
- Looking for: 9-12 Men and 7 Women for a wide variety of FUNNY and RICH characters to bring to life this hysterical story. The actors must be able to play a wide variety of ages. The roles are genuine, humorous and heartwarming. You Can't Take It With You offers actors an opportunity to be a part of an crazy but warm story of love, family, character and values that will impact audiences in a theatre program that will push them towards Christ!
- For a list of characters/descriptions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are many opportunities to serve on production crews in the following areas.
- You must come to auditions to fill out an application for production crew and then you will be notified when the crews are chosen.
- Set Building & Design
- House Crew
- Tech Crew
Please email us at email@example.com or call us at 661-362-2255 with any questions