Program Learning Outcomes
The following Program Learning Outcomes have been established by The Master's College faculty to define the areas of knowledge and skills that students graduating from this major degree program should have developed:
Core Home Economics Program Learning Outcomes:
- Use modern scientific methods and resources to enhance the quality of life through the development of a knowledge and skill base in: nutrition, food science and preparation, clothing construction, and interior or clothing design principle application.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct research to identify the needs of individuals and families.
- Demonstrate proficiency in use of software relating to Nutrition, Interior Design, Clothing, Textiles, and Financial Management.
- Demonstrate ability to make effective group presentations relating to the issues 21st century individuals and families face to ensure productive and harmonious lifestyles.
- Articulate biblical principles that characterize the professional posture of the Christian Home Economist.