The Doctor of Ministry in Biblical Counseling is a fully accredited professional terminal degree at The Master’s University for men, who are pastors and elders, and lay people both men and women, designed to encourage excellence in the practice of counseling and training others to counsel using the Word of God.Our Purpose
The DMin in Biblical Counseling is a 2-year program structured around 4 modular sessions.Program Format
Courses are taught by our faculty who have decades of counseling, pastoral, and classroom experience.Course Description
See information on tuition and other fees, as well as scholarships and financial aid.Tuition Info
Do I Qualify?
See if you meet our eligibility requirements for the D.Min. in Biblical Counseling program.Eligibility
What is the Admissions Process?
Review our admissions process and application requirements.Admissions
What are the D.Min. policies?
Read our policies for the D.Min. in Biblical Counseling program.Policies
John D. Street
Dr Street is the author of Passions of the Heart and The Biblical Counseling Guide for Women.
Our current full-time professors have written several books and articles in the field of biblical counseling.
31 Ways to Be a “One-Another’ Christian: Loving Others with the Love of JesusPurchase Book
Passions of the Heart: Biblical Counsel for Stubborn Sexual SinsPurchase Book
Helping Your Family through PTSDPurchase Book
The Biblical Counseling Guide for WomenPurchase Book
Counseling the Hard Cases: True Stories Illustrating the Sufficiency of God’s Resources in ScripturePurchase Book
Men Counseling Men: A Biblical Guide to the Major Issues that Men FacePurchase Book
The Exemplary Husband: A Biblical PerspectivePurchase Book
- Sufficiency of Scripture: We unequivocally believe that the Bible is inerrant, infallible, and sufficient for men and women's soul-related problems. Christian psychology has no place in true biblical counseling. The Bible is sufficient for all of the spiritual issues that men and women face (2 Peter 1:3-4; 2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- Hermeneutics: We teach that literal and precise Bible interpretation is essential to God-honoring biblical counseling. When you join our program, you will know the Bible, how to use the Bible properly, and will be able to help people through serious issues with the Bible (2 Tim. 2:15).
- Local Church: We emphasize biblical counseling as a ministry of the local church first and foremost. We also prepare students to partner with para-church organizations that esteem the church’s place to shepherd people in community (Rom. 15:14; Eph. 4:11-17).
- ACBC: We train our men to the level of ACBC fellow status and women to the level of a supervising assistant to fellows by supervising them through at least 500 hours of personal counseling.
- Theology: We are non-denominational (but reformed in our soteriology) and so have a great spectrum of students from different evangelical ecclesiological traditions. However, we are distinct mostly in the counseling realm in the United States on a more dispensational and premillennial view of Scripture. We also hold strongly to 6 literal day creation and cessationism (i.e. the sign gifts have ceased after the apostolic era of the church).
Program Statistics & Distinctives
The schedule includes a total of four modules: 2 fall and 2 spring modules each with 3 classes.
13 Classes to Sharpen Skills in Counseling and Training
Each class is designed to be rigorous in theological depth while maintaining practical and skill-focused expertise in the discipline of counseling.
125 Hours of Supervised Counseling per Module
Each student will be supervised in counseling for at least 125 hours during the program in order to achieve ACBC fellows-level status for men and supervising assistant to fellows status for women.