Veterans Benefits/Financial Aid
The Office of Financial Aid at The Master’s College welcomes veterans and members of the U.S. Armed Forces. We have designed this page as a resource for Veterans, active duty, reservists and their families to navigate the unique financial aid resources and benefits available. The Master’s College is approved to enroll those students and their families who are eligible for educational assistance benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA). We are committed to assisting you in taking full advantage of your Veterans benefits to secure an excellent higher Christian education at The Master’s College..
How do I start the process?
- Complete the Admissions Process
- Obtain your “Certificate of Eligibility” from the Department of Veterans Affairs and provide a copy to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Complete The Master’s College Financial Aid Application
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- If selected for a process called “Verification” by the Federal government additional documents may be requested (i.e. 1040 tax forms, W-2’s, Verification Worksheet, Schedule C, etc)
Types of Aid Available
- The Master’s College Institutional Scholarships
- Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
- — The Post 9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11,2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill. Approved training includes graduate and undergraduate degrees at The Master’s College.
- Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30)
- Reserve Educational Assistance (REAP)
- Surviving & Dependents Assistance (DEA)
Post 9/11 Benefit and Yellow Ribbon Breakdown
Please contact the Office of Financial Aid at The Master’s College at 661-362-2290 to speak with a counselor and receive your personal Financial Aid Award Letter detailing all funds you are eligible to receive. Please note that an annual application must be submitted for VA benefit to be applied to account. Below you will find a general breakdown of the awards available to Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Tuition Benefit
- — $19,199 per year
- — Fall Term VA will pay all tuition and fees, Spring Term Va will pay remaining difference of Fall payment and $19,199. (Total Tuition $29,440– VA Benefit $19,199= $10,241. Yellow= $5121, TMC institutional aid= $5121. Total Aid =$29,440).
- — $16,380 per year (based on 91321 BAH of $2184 per month)
— These numbers updated March for the 2014-15 school year.
- Institutional Aid
- — Academics, Ministry Match, Outside Match, Athletics, Music, etc.
- — Click here for a complete list and description of Institutional Scholarships.
- Federal and State Aid
- — Pell Grant— up to $5730
- — SEOG Grant — up to $1000
- — Cal Grant — up to $8056
- — Federal Stafford Loans ($3500, $4500, $5500)
- Phone: 1-661-362-2290 Toll Free 1-800-568-6248
- Fax: 1-661-362-2693