Missionary in Residence
The Missionary in Residence (MIR) program is designed to give qualified missionaries an opportunity to minister in an academic setting as a part of the Student Life Department and Biblical Studies Department of The Master's University. Serving as a global resource the campus, the Missionary in Residence will provide mentoring for the international community and students interested in missions. The Master's University, in turn, will provide the missionary with a community for their own enrichment spiritually and academically.
The Purpose of the program is:
- To provide a positive model for the campus of a godly, global servant.
- To provide mentoring to international students and TCK's as needed.
- To promote missions on campus through personal relationships.
- To offer diverse missions class as needed.
- To provide an opportunity for personal growth and encouragement of the MIR in an educational environment.
- To contribute to the mobilization of global servants.
The Master's University will provide:
- A furnished, two bedroom, one and a half bath apartment including utilities. (Internet is the responsibility of the MIR.)
- Three free meals each week and unlimited discounted meals in our Dining Center when meeting with students.
- Unlimited audited classes.
- Reimbursement up to a specified amount per semester as determined for receipted expenses of hosting students.
- Free access to our University and Seminary libraries.
- Free access to our Fitness Center.
- Compensation, at the prevailing rate, for any classes taught, not including guest lecturing.
The Missionary in Residence will provide:
- Active involvement in building relationships with the international community, including international students and TCK's through personal interaction and activities.
- Participation in Student Life activities.
- Relational ministry with students interested in missions.
- Availability for speaking in classes or other campus events as needed.
- Expertise in teaching missions or other courses as the class schedule permits.
Contact GO@masters.edu for application materials.
Applications for the following school year due December 31st