Urgent Mailing Options
- Priority Mail is available for any item.
- Anything over 13 ounces is automatically sent as Priority Mail.
- Anything under 13 ounces may be sent Priority Mail for the minimum charge of $3.85.
- Flat rate envelopes are available. Postage is $3.85 no matter what the weight is.
- This service is not guaranteed but the U.S. Postal Service claims it is faster than First Class Mail.
- Relatively inexpensive.
- First Class mail privileges (forwarding, return service, etc.)
- Delivered to any address in the U.S.
- It's not guaranteed.
- It's not trackable.
- This service is very reliable for guaranteed overnight, two-day, or three-day delivery.
- International Federal Express is also available (it is very expensive).
- Check with the Campus Mail Center for current rates which are based on weight and zone.
- Use the envelopes, packages, and boxes available specifically for FedEx purposes. The packaging is free of charge.
- Packages or letters to be sent by Federal Express must be delivered to the Campus Mail Center by 4:00pm.
- Extra charge for Saturday delivery.
- Extra charge if address is not exactly correct.
- Cannot be delivered to a P.O. Box.
U.S. Postal Service Express Mail (EMS)
- This service is available for guaranteed overnight or 2nd day delivery.
- Check with the Campus Mail Center for current rates.
- Use the Express Mail envelopes and packages available free of charge.
- Items to be sent out EMS must be delivered to the Campus Mail Center by 1:00pm.
- Slightly less expensive than other overnight services.
- No extra charge for Saturday delivery or address corrections.
- Delivery to P.O. boxes or any other address.
- Not all locations guarantee overnight delivery.
- Not as reliable as Federal Express.