Professor of Teacher Education
The Master’s College seeks a versatile and dynamic instructor to teach teacher education courses and academically mentor students. This position begins July, 2014.
- Teach a schedule of classes consisting of approximately 12 units per semester.
- Supervise student teachers in the elementary and/or secondary education classroom environment.
- Provide undergraduate academic advisement and support to the personal development of the students.
- Complete the normal departmental and institutional administrative duties such as attending faculty meetings, textbook ordering, and coordination of the scheduling of classes.
- Assume supplementary responsibilities that will include participation in at least two academic committee assignments.
- Perform other related duties as established or assigned by the department.
- Teach courses in elementary pedagogy.
- Ability to teach students effectively, evaluate their performance, and create a supportive learning environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, faculty, and students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Evidence of a mature Christian lifestyle by active involvement in a conservative evangelical local church.
- Experience writing program review documents.
- Knowledge of California credential preparation preferred. Experience writing program review documents desired.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A strong commitment to the doctrinal position and philosophy of the teaching ministry of The Master's College
- Education: A doctoral degree in Education preferred. Individuals with a master's degree with strong preparation and promise will also be considered
- Experience: Vocational and/or teaching experience in the elementary education field. College level teaching desired.
- Other Required Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with online management software for course management, student communication, and paperless course work as applicable is desired.
Minimum Conditions for Beginning Employment:
Prior to beginning employment, in accordance with The Master’s College policy and/or under federal or state law, all employees must:
1. Sign and return an offer of “At Will” employment.
2. Present verification of their identity and authorization to work in the United States.
If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply or interview for this opening please contact the Human Resources department.
The Master’s College & Seminary does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, marital status, veteran status or prior military service, medical condition, or any physical or mental disability. We are committed to practicing principles of equal employment opportunity and diversity based upon sovereign Biblical principles.
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill out the application at: http://www.masters.edu/campuslinks/employment.aspx and return it to the Human Resources Department. Applications may be dropped off in person, or sent in via fax (661.362.2717), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or regular mail (21726 Placerita Cyn Rd Box 41, Santa Clarita CA 91321).
All applications will be reviewed by the Human Resources department. Selected candidates will be invited for a personal interview at The Master’s College. Any expense incurred in connection with these interviews will be the responsibility of the candidates.
All documents included in your application remain the sole property of The Master’s College and will not be returned. Your file for this opening will not be considered unless all requested items are submitted and are complete.