Professor of Teacher Education
The Master’s College seeks a versatile and dynamic instructor to teach teacher education courses and academically mentor students. This position begins July, 2013.
- A doctoral degree in an Education-related field. Individuals with a master’s degree with strong preparation and promise will also be considered.
- Vocational and/or teaching experience in the elementary and/or secondary education field.
- A strong commitment to the doctrinal position and philosophy of the teaching ministry of The Master’s College.
- Ability to teach students effectively, evaluate their performance, and create a supportive learning environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, faculty, and students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Evidence of a mature Christian lifestyle by active involvement in a conservative evangelical local church.
- Experience writing program review documents.
- Knowledge of California credential preparation preferred.
- Teach a schedule of classes consisting of approximately 12 units per semester.
- Supervise student teachers in the elementary and/or secondary education classroom environment.
- Provide academic advisement and support to the personal development of the students.
- Complete the normal departmental and institutional administrative duties such as attending faculty meetings, textbook ordering, and coordination of the scheduling of classes.
- Assume supplementary responsibilities that will include participation in at least two academic committee assignments.
- Perform other related duties as established or assigned.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Education: Doctorate Degree in Education
- Experience preferred
- Other Required Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Minimum Conditions for Beginning Employment:
Prior to beginning employment, in accordance with The Master’s College policy and/or under federal or state law, all employees must:
1. Sign and return an offer of “At Will” employment.
2. Present verification of their identity and authorization to work in the United States.
Please send an introductory letter expressing your reasons for interest in the position, and curriculum vitae to:
The Master’s College
Attn: Alex Granados
Vice President for Academic Affairs
If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply or interview for this opening please contact the Human Resources department.
The Master’s College & Seminary does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, marital status, veteran status or prior military service, medical condition, or any physical or mental disability. We are committed to practicing principles of equal employment opportunity and diversity based upon sovereign Biblical principles.