Part-time Career Services Administrative Assistant
This person will perform a variety of administrative and staff support duties for the department, which requires a range of skills and knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Assists and directs visitors, and resolves administrative problems and inquiries; composes, edits, and proofreads correspondence and reports, and prepares a range of administrative documents. Position requires: a) performing interoffice administrative coordination, routine bookkeeping transactions, internal tracking of documents and travel arrangements including travel vouchers; b) creating and maintaining computer databases; c) using discretion and making administrative judgments based on existing operating guidelines to resolve day to day operating issues; d) gathering and analyzing statistical data in order to create and prepare routine and ad-hoc reports and correspondence; and e) utilization of word-processing, spreadsheets and database applications to manipulate and format correspondence/data.
- Coordinates and performs a range of staff and/or operational support activities for the department; serves as a liaison with other departments and operating units in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
- Provides administrative/secretarial support for the department such as answering telephones, assisting visitors, and resolving and/or referring a range of administrative problems and inquiries.
- Operates personal computer to compose and edit correspondence from written, verbal direction, or from knowledge of established department policies; may prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute agendas and/or minutes of meetings.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and/or other similar activities for supervisor, which may include coordinating travel and lodging arrangements.
- Prepares or assists with the preparation of scheduled and/or ad hoc statistical and narrative reports; performs basic information gathering and analysis and/or forecasting, as specifically directed.
- Assists department in problem solving, project planning, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Posts, balances, monitors, and reconciles internal department monthly, budgets, and financial reporting system reports; may prepare drafts of budget planning documents.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, and/or other documents; develops and maintains data, and performs routine analyses and calculations in the processing of data for recurring internal reports.
- Sorts, screens, reviews, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail; composes, prepares, or ensures timely responses to a variety of routine written inquiries.
- Requisitions supplies, printing, maintenance, and other services.
- Leads and trains student employees, as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Must accept and adhere to our doctrinal statement at all times.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
- Database management skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to lead and train staff and/or students.
- Word processing and/or data entry skills.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Ability to record and transcribe meeting minutes.
- Receptionist skills.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Education: Associates Degree, Bachelors preferred
- Experience: 3+ years as an Administrative Assistant in an educational institution preferred
- Other Required Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working Environment: Mostly indoors in a typical office environment, with an occasional need to visit other areas on campus
- Physical Demands: Must be able to lift 15 pounds
- Travel: None
Minimum Conditions for Beginning Employment:
Prior to beginning employment, in accordance with The Master’s College policy and/or under federal or state law, all employees must:
- Sign and return an offer of “At Will” employment.
2. Present verification of their identity and authorization to work in the United States.
If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply or interview for this opening please contact the Human Resources department.
The Master’s College & Seminary does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, marital status, veteran status or prior military service, medical condition, or any physical or mental disability. We are committed to practicing principles of equal employment opportunity and diversity based upon sovereign Biblical principles.