Online Course Developer
Work with the other members of the TMC Online Department and with TMC faculty to design and develop the web-based portion of TMC online courses using the Moodle, Learning Management System (LMS).
Work with other TMC departments to maintain the LMS and the Course Home Pages (CHPs).
Work with professors and staff to ensure that all course materials have been properly updated prior to the start of each course. Assist in the training of professors administering online courses.
- Work with faculty and alone to design and develop web-based versions of currently-offered traditional TMC courses. Become very familiar with current course offerings, and help to develop new uses of the LMS for effective delivery of new and existing courses.
- Maintain and troubleshoot with the current LMS platform. Work with professors and IT Staff to resolve any issues that arise. Test to make sure course elements are functional. Provide training and support to TMC online course instructors and CPS instructors for the maintenance and/or development of their respective course home pages.
- Properly determine how course elements (tests, quizzes, texts, reading documents, PowerPoint, pdf and/or other such resource materials) will be implemented. Ensure the right format for each component of online course operation is properly loaded and works seamlessly in the online course delivery.
- Keep abreast of development in online course delivery, educational technology, and Moodle to help guide the online course development, and the direction of the distance education program.
- Assist in updating the main websites promoting TMC Online.
- Assist in training professors and section administrators in the necessary LMS procedures to oversee a TMC Online course session.
- Other duties as assigned
- Some staff experience in a college-level educational setting
- Strong commitment to the doctrinal position of The Master’s College
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and with churches, church leaders, organizations and their leadership, etc.
- Evidence of a mature Christian lifestyle by active involvement in a conservative evangelical local church.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience: 3+ years in an educational institution performing similar work preferred
- Other Required Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working Environment: Mostly indoors in a typical office environment, with an occasional need to visit other areas on campus
- Physical Demands: Must be able to lift 15 pounds
- Travel: None
Minimum Conditions for Beginning Employment:
Prior to beginning employment, in accordance with The Master’s College policy and/or under federal or state law, all employees must:
1. Sign and return an offer of “At Will” employment.
2. Present verification of their identity and authorization to work in the United States.
If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply or interview for this opening please contact the Human Resources department.
The Master’s College & Seminary does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, marital status, veteran status or prior military service, medical condition, or any physical or mental disability. We are committed to practicing principles of equal employment opportunity and diversity based upon sovereign Biblical principles.
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill out the application at: http://www.masters.edu/campuslinks/employment.aspx and return it to the Human Resources Department. Applications may be dropped off in person, or sent in via fax (661.362.2717), email (email@example.com) or regular mail (21726 Placerita Cyn Rd Box 41, Santa Clarita CA 91321).