The IT Service Desk frequently uses remote support as a means to assist the user and resolve minor issues quickly, in real-time, with the goal of causing minimal interruption to the user. Through remote support, technicians can take control of a user’s computer to resolve the issue or gain information on a problem, eliminating the complication of arranging an appointment time.
1. Open a web browser (Internet Explorer preferred) and navigate to "support.masters.edu"
2. Click on the "Helpdesk" link in the middle of the page.
3. Click "Run" to install the temporary remote support software on your machine.
4. After a few moments, a technician will send you a request to control your screen. Click "Allow shared control of your computer."
5. Our technician will now be able to assist you remotely. Once the support session is completed, the technician will end the remote connection and the software will be removed from your computer.
Occasionally, you may need to capture an image from your computer screen. This can be especially useful in taking pictures of errors to send to IT Operations to assist us in diagnosing the problem.