The Lady Mustangs volleyball team traveled to Irvine on Tuesday night to face the No. 1 team in the country and battled the entire match.  Master's put up a fight, but in the end Concordia would win in four sets (23-25, 25-22, 17-25, 22-25).  The loss sets the Lady Mustangs record at 18-12 (6-9) while Concordia stays undefeated in conference and moves to 29-1 (15-0).

The first set was close the whole time, but eventually Master's would open up its lead to 22-17 with kills from Jenna Kapuscinski, Samantha Dougherty, and Victoria Callihan.  Concordia had an answer for TMC unfortunately.  The Eagles would go on an 8-1 run to take the first set, and the momentum, by a score of 25-23.

In the second set TMC had to fight to earn every point.  There were 13 ties and five lead changes throughout the set.  This time it was the Lady Mustangs who would go on a decisive run to close out the set.  TMC was down 21-19 when their remarkable 6-2 spurt began.  Alyssa Gergins had three assists during the run while Rachel Taylor had two kills and Victoria Callihan added a kill of her own.  Taylor and Callihan combined on a block to tally the last point of the set at 25-22.

The third set was controlled by Concordia from the beginning.  The score was last tied at the 8-8 point in the set.  The Eagles would never lose that lead or even be tied for the rest of the set as they went on to a 25-17 win which game them a 2-1 advantage and also swung the momentum back to their side.

The fourth set turned out to be interesting after it started out looking like Concordia would cruise to an easy victory.  After getting out to a 19-12 lead, the Eagles were in for a fight.  TMC went on a 10-5 run that closed the lead to two points.  Four different Lady Mustangs had kills to put Master's right back in the set just before Concordia would close out the set and the game with a kill of their own.  The final score of the fourth set was 25-22.

Coach Blanken's team will travel to Azusa Pacific to play at 7:00 pm on Saturday. (This was corrected. An earlier version stated the match was at 3:00 pm.)