Auditions for FIDDLER ON THE ROOF
Performing in the MRH April 1, 2, 8, 9, 2015
A beloved classic of musical theatre, and winner of 9 TONY Awards, "Fiddler On the Roof" follows the life of milkman, Tevya, as he tries to guide his family and lead his community through turbulent and changing times. Fighting for tradition while valuing his family and pulling people together when everything threatens to yank them apart, the colorful villagers of Anatevka will warm your heart and sweep you away with stunning musical numbers and a timeless story. Don't miss out!
Tuesday & Wednesday, NOVEMBER 17 & 18
- Time: 7:00pm – 10:00pm
- Location: MC101
- Callbacks - Thursday, November 19 at 9:30pm in MC101
- Read-Through - TBD
- NOTE: There will be 2-4 music only rehearsals before leaving for Christmas break - just to sing through the music and prep cast/ensemble for learning it well over the break
- Auditions are open to all traditional TMC Students of all majors/disciplines/years!
- Auditions will have 2 parts: acting & music/choreography. You can audition either night, Tuesday or Wednesday and you can come any time between 7-10. Once you arrive, you will fill out an audition form and sign up for a slot. Each audition will last 10 minutes.
- Acting audition - cold read – chosen by the directors from the script depending on the part you are auditioning for.
- Music audition - An accompanist will be provided.
- All auditioning need to learn either of the following 2 songs as if it were a male/female duet (music can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or stopping by the theatre office):
- "Sabbath Prayer"
- "Sunrise Sunset"
- Callback Preparation: If you are called back, you will need to be familiar with the following songs and be ready to be handed music to sing them - either as solos, duets or ensemble
- Tevya (Bass/Bar) – “If I Were a Rich Man”, “Do You Love Me?”
- Golde (Alto) – “Do You Love Me?”
- Tzeitel (Mez Sop or Alto) – “Matchmaker”
- Hodel (Mez Sop) – “Matchmaker”, “Far From the Home I Love”
- Chava (Sop or Alto) – “Matchmaker”
- Motel (Tenor) – “Miracle or Miracles”
- Perchick (Bar) – “Now I Have Everything”
- Fyedka (Tenor) – “To Life” – the Russian solo
- Fruma Sarah (Sop) – “The Dream”
- Ensemble - "Tradition", "Sabbath Prayer"
- Rehearsals: Mon & Wed 7-10:30pm - Choreography rehearsals on Tuesday nights for the first few weeks . All involved in the production (cast and crew) will be able to receive up to 1unit of credit and must enroll for TH300. This is good to have on your transcript! NOTE: please do not plan on weekly night classes for the Sp16 semester if you want to be in the cast/ensemble of Fiddler on the Roof
- TMC Fac/Staff and TMC Online students are welcome to audition with the understanding that if a current traditional TMC Student is as capable of playing the part, they will always take precedence. Email directors for special Fac/Staff/Online Audition slot
- Looking for: 10-15 Men and 10-15 Women for a wide variety of FUNNY and WARM characters to bring to life this rich historical story. The actors must be able to play a wide variety of ages. The roles are genuine, humorous and heartwarming. Fiddler on the Roof offers actors an opportunity to be a part of an epic story of love, family, character and values that will impact audiences in a theatre program that will push them towards Christ!
- Russian tinted accents would be helpful
- For a list of characters/descriptions, please email email@example.com
- There are many opportunities to serve on production crews in the following areas.
- You must come to auditions to fill out an application for production crew and then you will be notified when the crews are chosen.
- Set Building & Design
- House Crew
- Tech Crew
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 661-362-2255 with any questions