Program Learning Outcomes
The following Program Learning Outcomes have been established by The Master's University faculty to define the areas of knowledge and skills that students graduating from this major degree program should have developed:
Core English Program Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate knowledge of a variety of genres, historical periods, styles, and modes.
- Write clear, effective, researched, and imaginative projects and articulate them within appropriate conceptual and methodological frameworks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the historical development of the English language and of literature written in English from Old English to the present.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the content and historical context of British and American literary works, as well as selected authors and works from World literature.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of various theoretical approaches that inform the interpretation of literature and culture.