ECN200 - Macroeconomics
An introduction to macroeconomic principles and terminology. The primary focus is on the aggregate U.S. economy and the policy decisions that state and federal lawmakers face. Topics include: review of the economic problem, measuring GNP, money and banking, interest rates, monetary and fiscal policy, inflation, and graphs is assumed.
Lecturer: Dr. Kevin Hill
- Understand the fundamental concepts of economics (i.e. scarcity, choice, supply and demand, pricing, opportunity costs, exchange, consumption, production and unintended consequences).
- Understand the fundamental concepts of microeconomics (i.e. firm behavior, competition, monopolistic completion, monopoly)
- Understand the fundamental concepts of macroeconomics (i.e. Productivity, business cycles, monetary policy, fiscal policy, banking system, employment, inflation).\
- To apply these areas of knowledge to practical and spiritual decisions throughout on/umbraco/default.aspx#contente’s life.
- 7 research and report papers
- 7 discussion forums
- 5 quizzes
- 1 midterm exam
- 1 final exam
- 1 term paper on the Federal Reserve