2012-13 Turkey and Greece Study Trip
December 27, 2012 - January 12, 2013
We are glad for your interest in being a part of the College's 2013 Turkey and Greece Study Tour (TGST). This is an overview of what to expect if you choose to participate in the tour.
It is important for you to know that the trip has been designed as an academic study tour for students from The Master's College (TMC) as well as from The Master's Seminary (TMS). Students from other evangelical Christian colleges and seminaries have also been invited to participate in the tour. However, we also encourage parents and friends to participate on the tour as they, too, can learn much and grow much from this experience. As a result:
- There will be a major focus on visiting New Testament (NT) archeological sites as well as related museums. While there will be some time for shopping, it will be limited.
- It was important that we design the trip to be as affordable as possible for college and seminary students. Consequently, we have arranged for housing accommodations that are clean, safe, and comfortable, but are not as elaborate as might be encountered on some tours. Accommodations during the Turkey portion of the tour will be in double occupancy rooms in good 3 and 4 star hotels. Accommodations during the Greece portion will include some nights at hotels and some nights at Christian Retreat centers that provide multiple occupancy dormitory-style rooms.
- There will be separate instructors/tour guides for the Turkey and the Greece portion of the tour. Both instructors are strong evangelical believers, and are extremely knowledgeable about the historical and biblical significance of the sites being visited.
This will be the fifth time that this tour has been offered by TMC. Participants in the earlier tours (both students & others) were extremely positive about their experience educationally, personally, and spiritually.
Temple of Apollo Corinth
|Students will be able to earn up to six (6) units of undergraduate credits (eight (8) units of graduate credits for MABS) by completing additional reading and assignments before and following the actual tour. Undergraduate tuition $50/unit; MABS tuition is $100/unit. The two courses being offered are as follows:
Dr. Dennis Hutchison will serve as the trip host. He will be the primary contact point to provide information, process application materials, and handle requests prior to the trip. During the tour, he will assist in communicating and coordinating logistics and tour schedule details to all participants. Dr. Hutchison will also coordinate submission and grading of assignments for students enrolled to receive course credit as part of the tour.
Dr. Mark Wilson
Mr. Costas Tsevas
To view our instructor's profiles, please click here.
$3,650 per person
The following is included as a part of the cost of the tour price:
- Airfare from/to Los Angeles California
- Daily breakfast & dinner
- Transportation by private air conditioned bus
- English speaking professional tour guide throughout the tour
- All entry fees to the sites & museums
- All escorted transfers
- Tips to the hotel and restaurant staff
- Service charges & local taxes
- Istanbul-Antalya domestic flights on May 20
- Greek border crossing
- Tips to the tour guide and driver
What's NOT Included:
The following is NOT included as a part of the cost of the tour price:
- Drinks and lunches
- All personal expenses - Any other item which is not listed above
- Turkish Visa Fee ($26 per person for US citizens to be paid upon arrival)
- Any medical or other liability insurance policy beyond the law requires for services rented in hotels, buses, etc. (Even though Greece has a free state medical system a traveling insurance program is strongly recommended to be carried by all participants especially for emergency medical needs)
|June 30||$ 300.00 deposit
$100 non-refundable application fee included in total price and $200 deposit
|July 31||$ 500.00|
Note: All but the $100 application fee is refundable until September 15, 2012. After September 15, 2012 the cost of the air travel is not refundable, unless another person can take the reservation.
You may download a credit card payment form here.
For Applications & More Information:
Contact Dennis Hutchison in the Biblical Studies Department at The Master's College:
The Master's College
TMC Box #16
21726 Placerita Canyon Road
Santa Clarita, CA 91321-1200
To download a detailed tour itinerary, please click here.